+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subbing - this will be me next year! DH will drop him off but I will pick him up , I'm going to try and be involved with the school as much as I can ( well that's the plan!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am very lucky at our school. Most are very friendly and up for a chat

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah our school is pretty good.

everyone is pretty friendly and happy. We have quite a few school functions where everyone has a chance to get to know each other, so its good.

DD is fairly social though, so we have a range of people over for play dates (which means you have to get to know the parents a bit)

I do miss my closest friend who has moved away though. It did make things a lot different having that very close friend to rely on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I must be in the sahm group lol, I was working before bub came, 4 months ago!! My dd is in year 2, we have a little group of 5, we are all sahm except 1 who works 1 day a week! They were all in the same class for the last 2 years this yr my daughter is the only one in a different class! We catch up for playdates & mummy lunches & nights out! We have had a few high school fights with 1 mum blocking the other on Facebook lol I tend to stay out of the drama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I think I'm one of the youngest Mum's at our school (I'm 25) and no one talks to me. I don't know when they did it but they all seem to be in groups already and DS1 just started kindergarten. I think eventually I'll talk to some of them but I can't foresee us being besties atm.

I can usually look busy talking to DS2 so it doesn't bother me if I'm not in a group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    I must be in the sahm group lol, I was working before bub came, 4 months ago!! My dd is in year 2, we have a little group of 5, we are all sahm except 1 who works 1 day a week! They were all in the same class for the last 2 years this yr my daughter is the only one in a different class! We catch up for playdates & mummy lunches & nights out! We have had a few high school fights with 1 mum blocking the other on Facebook lol I tend to stay out of the drama!
    I must be the same, my little one is 6 months (4 months corrected) and before that I worked full time too. My DS1 is in year one and we have 7 close mums that we were friends since our big babies were in mothers group! 7 years this year. I love school drop off and pick up. We often met after drop off for coffee/play date/lunch. They are such beautiful girls. We all look out for each other's children, if they forget their hat there is always a spare to replace it with. It is a very big school, so it's nice to have some close friends there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work part-time too and only there for drop-off and pick-up 2 days a week. DD goes to a fairly large primary school with about 800 students.

It is a bit daunting and you can't expect to make friends straight away. I just kept an open mind and was friendly and over time have become social with some parents. There are quite a few functions at our school and parent reps usually organise class get togethers and play dates during the holidays at local parks which really helped. I've also been invited to a few parent or mum functions which have been fun.

We've also had play dates which evolved into informal BBQ's with the parents who all live locally. I've actually felt a much greater sense of community since DD started school.

ETA- A number of other school parents live in our street or just around the corner and some of the friendships we have formed have evolved to the extent of taking each other's children to school when people have to work early etc which benefits everybody.
    Last edited by DailyDiversion; 12-02-2015 at 19:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do not mingle at drop off/pick ups. I'm always running around after a toddler!!!
    Now that we are into DDs second year of school I have noticed that people seem to ignore me. I don't think it's because they are being mean just because I've always been to pre occupied to actually talk to them so now they just don't bother.

I feel pretty bad about it actually because a lot of the kids have play dates and DD doesn't because I haven't made the effort to be "buddy buddy" with the other parents.

DH thinks it because I'm a snob! Lol I'm not!! *worst parent here**