+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Varies depending on the person. Most people will be immune if they've had their full set of shots, but some people lose immunity to particular diseases quickly or never fully develop the antibodies. Antibodies are one of the things they usually check for during pregnancy (or at least, they've checked mine both times).

There are others though, like whooping cough, where there's a routine booster because it does wear off relatively quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bloods taken to check immunity when I got my pre-pregnancy check done. There were a couple I needed to get a booster for but most were fine.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    I had bloods taken to check immunity when I got my pre-pregnancy check done. There were a couple I needed to get a booster for but most were fine.
    Same for me !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my measles immunity checked by my FS while TTC. Despite having all my scheduled vaxes, I was non-immune. I had a MMR booster, got rechecked - still not immune. Another dosage did the trick.

Once i was pregnant, I was tested again - non-immune again! This was scary, given the risks of measles during pregnancy. Like a PP said, some people just don't hold immunity well.

Once you're pregnant, you can't have a MMR booster - it's too late. I'm glad i had mine checked - even if it did wear off! Nothing more i could have done at that time. Had another booster post delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a vaccinator. MMR is not routinely checked in adults (although I think it should be) for several reasons but mainly I think it comes down to the almighty $.
    You may not need a booster ( although it wouldn't hurt). Best thing to do if you are worried is to ask for serology. Then you will know for sure.
    If your GP isn't keen to take a sample, just ask for the vax. You can't really over vax.
    Not all DD's check for measles and mumps when doing a prenatal check, just rubella.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had all of the usual childhood ones, and again as a teenager. My immunity was checked in each pregnancy (last baby at 26, so not decades between doses) and my body held no immunity, even though I received a booster after each bub was born. Measles outbreaks make me nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was advised I have no MMR immunity, but if I was re vax'd I had to wait 3 months before TTC? Anyone else advised this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, i had to wait for a while after the vax. Think it was 1 month tho, not 3, but not sure now. This is because of how dangerous rubella can be to a baby i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke29579 View Post
    I was advised I have no MMR immunity, but if I was re vax'd I had to wait 3 months before TTC? Anyone else advised this?
    1 month. The 3 months is the old standard.