+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    Yeah better late than never......nah.

Not anymore. She has always insisted I get things wrong. I reminded her several times before the date (she asked) and then argued that it was the day after her other grandchild's birthday. The other grandchild was given birthday wishes on her birthday but my son gets forgotten.

It wasn't that she forgot. I can accept that. What sticks in my craw is that she said I told her the wrong date.

Like I don't know my own child's birthday.
    And I am made to feel like I have failed somehow when, really, the ball should be firmly in the other court!

Ugh. Just over it I think.
    Yep, I would be annoyed to. Sounds like something my mil would do. She will lie til she's blue in the face that really, it was someone else's fault.

I'm sorry for your DS, hope he had a good birthday.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Amgine  (11-02-2015),Mrs Tickle  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    You know what's worse.
    Me I am always forgetting my kids birthdates. Not their birthday. But the year. If someone could tattoo that on my brain I would be externally grateful. A nurse or someone will ask their birth date and my mind goes totally blank every freaking time.
    @ LoveLivesHere.... Lol, I am the same!! What's even worse is that DS's birthday is in 2000, so how hard can that be to remember he will turn the age of the year it is, or to remember the year!

I have decided that we are forgiven for our apparent permanent baby brain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amgine For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read another thread from you about your mother.... i think she's trying to hurt you emotionally. Sounds like a classic mother with NPD (narcissistic personalty disorder)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd say if she's a great mother/grand mother outside of that maybe give her a break?

It's ok to forget date, people tend to do that and it can happen to the best of us.

I had to remember my mum one year about my nephew's birthday. She had the wrong date and she was so upset about it, poor thing.
    My dad forgot about my sons birthday but I know he loves him just the same...

To me it's not that big of a deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's a big deal either that she forgot.

Hope your little guy had a happy birthday regardless 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can see why you would be hurt and upset about it considering he's the only grandchild. I do wonder if it completely skipped your mums mind and when she has remembered she was actually embarrassed and made up another date? I only say this because my dad does it all the time but I'm not bothered by it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes id be angry!... I love how she blamed you, because you'd really tell someone the wrong date!... as pp have said as if you wouldn't know your grandchilds birthday!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my siblings and I gave our mum 7 grandchildren in the space of four years. it was impossible for her to remember everyone's birthday. she could hardly remember what order they came in, hahaha. but she had the dates all written in a birthday book, so she would usually remember. in your situation I would be upset, but for my mum, no not at all. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wouldn't bother me at all. Kinda a bit meh no biggie. My parents have lots going on, they're not as young as they were and I forget stuff all the time so I understand that this kind of thing is not malicious. If they hadn't called or whatever then I would call them and let them know. I wouldn't wait until they hadn't called and then be funny about it - sometimes people need the courtesy of being reminded. People's lives are busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a really easy birthdate to remember yet after thirty odd years my dad still never remembers what it is! It doesn't bother me in the slightest though.