+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 40 weeks pregnant

Hi ladies, I'm 40 + 2 and being induced next week. My question is, most of the time baby has been on my right side and head down most of the way to the point where he could feel it. This week he has moved to my left side and gone back up! I was going to be induced this week but now that he's moved more the dr doesn't want to force it. Anyone had this happen? I thought he wouldn't be able to move so freely now? Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry yes baby head is down he was fully engaged but is not anymore. Has come out of the position. I just don't understand how he has the space to move so freely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully he goes back down there real soon and you get to meet him sooner rather than later.
    I have an bad feeling that my bub might be in breach. I am 36-37 weeks ( have been given two different due dates). I so hope the round shape I feel at the top of my bump is her bottom and not her head. I am having a scan tomorrow so fingers crossed as I really don't want to have a C-section. I have had one before and I hated it so much and I nearly had to have one last time as I was nearly 42 weeks.
    I was told that because I was trying the vbac they would not induce me . With my c-section my bub was in position head down ect but he moved into breach at 36 weeks and at 38 weeks had not moved back. I thought he would turn back but nothing. So I guess they can till move about.

After been in tears in the pre op clinic begging them to knock me totally out i was lucky that they postponed the scheduled c-section as i went up to the hospital with high blood pressure and a midwife asked me had i considered been induced. I told her i would love to be but I was told they wouldn't do it. Well what an angel she was because she organised it all for me to be induced. Yes been induced hurts alot more than spontaneous labour but it is so much better than a c-section. I have had three babies my first spontaneous labour at 34 weeks, second c-section at 38 weeks due to bub been breach and one induced at nearly 42 weeks. Maybe with a bit of luck this one will be on time and not breach.
    Last edited by Skye Baby; 12-02-2015 at 15:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I'm guessing you've had a baby before judging by your profile picture.

Babies often bob in and out in subsequent pregnancies until you have a good few contractions to push them down and keep them down.

They will also continue to rotate into a good position all the way until their born, including during labour.

Time for some walks, squats, etc to get bub back down there again. You need some pressure on the cervix to get the contractions going.
    Thank you yes I was induced with my first so I don't know much about going into labour on my own.