+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy supplements

Do you start taking folate 3 months before TTC?

Also, did anyone's partners take supplements like zinc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh didn't take anything, I started folate in the months prior to TTC, then moved onto an iodine/folate tablet when preg. I think they recommend at least a month worth of folate prior to conceiving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am taking Megafol (folate) and a good multi. Hubby isn't taking anything but has a super healthy diet and exercises regularly (as do I).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ladies

We are both pretty fit & eat well (Paleo) so hoping that TTC goes well for us as we are 33 & 34, so trying to prep to conceive easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep defo to both. Folic for me and zinc for DH. It's relatively cheap and does no harm so why not.

As an aside - just be prepared for a different eating plan if you get MS. I was Paleo too and it had to go completely out the window when I got bad MS. I found the change very difficult and wish someone had warned me! Hopefully it doesn't happen to you.

All the best with TTC 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    Yep defo to both. Folic for me and zinc for DH. It's relatively cheap and does no harm so why not.

As an aside - just be prepared for a different eating plan if you get MS. I was Paleo too and it had to go completely out the window when I got bad MS. I found the change very difficult and wish someone had warned me! Hopefully it doesn't happen to you.

All the best with TTC 😄
    Second this. I was Paleo but once MS kicked in I just ate whatever I could. Mostly sausage rolls or pasta. I ate incredibly healthy beforehand too hopefully once my MS goes away I can get back on track.
    As for supplements I took a pregnancy supplement for about 2 months prior to conceiving. Now I am taking Elevit (makes me really constipated but I need the high iron) and Krill oil

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ladies, this might be dumb, but why does MS make you want to eat 'non Paleo'

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyg2016 View Post
    I found I could only eat very bland things like dry biscuits, bread, pasta etc. Most other foods (particularly fatty foods) made my MS worse.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyg2016 View Post
    Salad, veggies and fruit are making me feel super sick, whereas biscuits, pasta, sausage rolls etc. are easier to stomach and almost enjoyable. Sucks though i can't wait for MS to go away so I can start eating healthy again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking Nature's Own Preganancy Platinum since we have been TTC (4months now) and it's good. Hardly no side effects asides from a funky burp here or there! About to run out so I think I might switch to Conceive Well.
    DH hasn't been taking anything but recently I've bought him Menevit. Getting him to remember to take it is the challenge!