+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Extra growth scan before 20 week scan

I'm due t have a growth scan to check bub size and welfare. I'm 16 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has had a scan at this point? My nt scan came back high risk for T18, so they want to check everything. I am staying positive that my baby is healthy, but this whole thing is a bit scary. Bub had measured a few days out at most of my scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I had to have more scans because baby was measuring very small in some areas i.e 3%, 17% etc.. You're right it is a bit scary, and it's normal that you would feel like that.

Keeping positive is a great thing (but really hard sometimes I know).

I had a few other things going on, stress with DS at home but also not really eating due to severe nausea so was losing weight.. My OB told me to eat up, stuck me on aspirin (in case there was a placental supply issue etc) and last week said, baby still small, but no issues

He also said that babies are all different sizes and shapes and that family history plays a large part in it too.. eg. My DH has a very small head, he can fit into kids hats, but he has no issues whatsoever..

Did they say that your baby looks to be developing normally in all other areas.. Major organs etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS. This all happened from 16-21 weeks. Am 22 weeks today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, when they said "high risk", was that age-wise for you are any measurement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amgine View Post
    Also, when they said "high risk", was that age-wise for you are any measurement?
    *age-wise for you or NT measurement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    High risk due to low Pappa levels in my blood. I'm only 32. Nasal bone was present in 12 week scan and nuchal fold 1mm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have had extra growth scans for 2 of my pregnancies. The first pregnancy I lost after I had an amnio. He was only very tiny when born. The second pregnancy I had weekly growth scans from 18 weeks. He was born at 32 weeks (doctors decision) and 1.1kg so nowhere near what he should have weighed at that gestation. I had eplacenta problems for both.
    Keeping thinking positive, I know how hard it is. Sending you massive hugs xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

Amgine  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have they mentioned any other testing? Or just the growth scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by New Hope View Post
    I have had extra growth scans for 2 of my pregnancies. The first pregnancy I lost after I had an amnio. He was only very tiny when born. The second pregnancy I had weekly growth scans from 18 weeks. He was born at 32 weeks (doctors decision) and 1.1kg so nowhere near what he should have weighed at that gestation. I had eplacenta problems for both.
    Keeping thinking positive, I know how hard it is. Sending you massive hugs xo
    @Newhope I'm sorry about your loss. Hugs.

@OP and NewHope, Yes, this is what my OB said, that if baby continued with small measurements etc. He would deliver her early. Crossing fingers and toes for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Amgine View Post
    @Newhope I'm sorry about your loss. Hugs.

@OP and NewHope, Yes, this is what my OB said, that if baby continued with small measurements etc. He would deliver her early. Crossing fingers and toes for you
    Thank you, sometimes bubs do better out then in 😊 at 6 months we are finally on the percentile charts (0.9%!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

Amgine  (11-02-2015)