+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Apparently she leaves the baby there because the main windows are roadside and it's too noisy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Chords View Post
    I think the questions you need to ask yourself is do you feel good… If not ask yourself why because subliminally there's an answer there for you. I'm not saying that tongue in cheek but my assumption is people only feel guilt if they have some underlying thing brewing under the surface. It doesn't mean you're a bad person it's just really questioning what you feel.For me I actually would have just suss it out by speaking tot he Mum, nothing really scares or bothers me and I think you can make many wrong judgements jumping to conclusions without all the facts. The simple thing is now you have reported her it makes it worse for you to do this and thus actually help. I understand people are scared these days but I dunno I'm the kind of person that's direct and if I think somethings wrong I come out and say it. I think there's a lesson in everything it's wether or not you want to look inwards to discover it.
    I actually don't really know what you're trying to say here, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Apparently she leaves the baby there because the main windows are roadside and it's too noisy.
    But did she say why she feels the baby needs to be in the doorway or in front of windows? I get the too noisy thing but why does it have to be there in the first place? So odd! I've had friends who had to sleep their babies near windows for jaundice but they didn't just leave them there on their own constantly. Maybe jaundice and reflux so it's just really unsettled?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Really great to hear you called. There's no problem with having something checked out that doesn't sit right.

Trusty chords, I believe OP said she had no way of accessing that building to speak to the woman, she could see it all from the balcony.

Of course she'd be upset, try not to feel bad about that, it's better to be safe than sorry.

As to why the police felt all was fine, two thoughts come to mind for me.

1: she's practicing that parenting technique that Loveliveshere posted about earlier and like the discussion in the smacking thread, it's a legal parenting choice so there would be nothing the police can do if the baby's other needs are met. It's that tricky line that many didn't agree with telling somebody how to parent.

2. If the baby is very new, could it possibly have jaundice and she's been told to leave it near a window with sunlight and she's chose the door because a window could get too hot or she doesn't have one with sunlight?
    Your point no. 2 was my thought right from the first OP, plus we now know that the windows at the front are too noisy ( as per what she told the police) maybe she has been told to give the baby lots of natural light and has taken it a bit too literally?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (13-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I actually don't really know what you're trying to say here, sorry.
    Well what i was trying to politely say was I personally don't agree with what you did. That's my opinion though i can't force you to take it. I personally find it cowardly being to scared to go over and find out what's happening but feel you need to report it with out the full story. But you know what that's my opinion based on what's written here I am not there and look I don't think I would consult a forum over something like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well what i was trying to politely say was I personally don't agree with what you did. That's my opinion though i can't force you to take it. I personally find it cowardly being to scared to go over and find out what's happening but feel you need to report it with out the full story. But you know what that's my opinion based on what's written here I am not there and look I don't think I would consult a forum over something like this.
    She couldn't access the building to just pop over and ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally think if you can hear and see that much then you can try and find out if someone needs a hand. I get it I do but now it's going to be akward should she actually want to go and help out perhaps a struggling mother who needs support. I just think that sometimes peoples imaginations run wild and they really need to stop and think about things more from their perspective instead of consulting a forum and getting mass hysteria about an issue we really don't know about because we aren't personally there. But i'll leave it at that I don't real care for arguing. Peace...

Thanks
    Reviews
    But she doesnt need to 'get the whole story'. I would report a concern and leavr the investigating up to the police. She is (i assume) not trained to recognise warning signs of abuse, mental illess, etc - she reported a concern, and let the police do their job of investigsting the issue. If thay baby had died of starvation or heat sttoke or something, people would be saying 'why didnt you report it'.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-02-2015),atomicmama  (13-02-2015),ChelleBH  (14-02-2015),CMF  (14-02-2015),Green Cheese  (13-02-2015),HappyBovinexx  (13-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (13-02-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-02-2015),misskittyfantastico  (13-02-2015),smallpotatoes  (13-02-2015),Whirligig  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I personally think if you can hear and see that much then you can try and find out if someone needs a hand. I get it I do but now it's going to be akward should she actually want to go and help out perhaps a struggling mother who needs support. I just think that sometimes peoples imaginations run wild and they really need to stop and think about things more from their perspective instead of consulting a forum and getting mass hysteria about an issue we really don't know about because we aren't personally there. But i'll leave it at that I don't real care for arguing. Peace...
    Again. She couldn't access the building to knock on the door and ask.

And you also made a key point, you're not personally there, so you don't actually know what the OP was seeing and hearing and how you would feel.

There's no harm on having the cops check on the baby. If the woman and baby are fine they'll be reassured by friends and family that her choices are fine. If not, then she'll hopefully know she should and can reach out for help.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-02-2015),CMF  (14-02-2015),Happyma  (13-02-2015),littlelove  (14-02-2015),LoveLivesHere  (13-02-2015),misskittyfantastico  (13-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for checking OP. I'd just keep an eye on things. Don't be afraid to call and report again if need be. Just because it's fine now doesn't mean it will stay that way.