Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Any updates OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry for the late update, but it's been an all day process. So basically the police are satisfied with their visit, all seems well there. I thanked them for checking it out but just went over my concerns again re. the crying for hours, and they said if it gets bad again I can ring them again.

So.... I dunno. I still feel sad for the baby. I get that it's physical needs seem to be met from what the police saw, but I am still worried about it's emotional needs.

I heard the mum talking to someone before. She is very upset. I feel bad that she feels bad IYKWIM, but my concern is for the baby, so I do think I did the right thing.

Thanks all for your advice and concern.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You did the right thing @CMF. And please make surw you do contact them again if need be. Yes the mum probably is upset but hopefully this is a bit of a wake up call for her and she gets some support or tries a different approach. At least authorities are aware now and can take action in future if need be (hopefully that won't be the case though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You definitely did the right thing. Even though she's upset about it, perhaps she will think twice about leaving her baby alone all the time at the door. I'm glad the police have at least checked. If it keeps occurring I would follow it up again with them. I hope it doesn't occur again though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Hi all, sorry for the late update, but it's been an all day process. So basically the police are satisfied with their visit, all seems well there. I thanked them for checking it out but just went over my concerns again re. the crying for hours, and they said if it gets bad again I can ring them again.

So.... I dunno. I still feel sad for the baby. I get that it's physical needs seem to be met from what the police saw, but I am still worried about it's emotional needs.

I heard the mum talking to someone before. She is very upset. I feel bad that she feels bad IYKWIM, but my concern is for the baby, so I do think I did the right thing.

Thanks all for your advice and concern.
    Did they say what reason she gave for leaving the baby there? Did she deny it or admit she does it and they still didn't see a problem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I'm glad they came out but did they link her with any other supports?
    I guess all you can do now is keep an eye/ear out and ring again if things don't improve or you are worried again. Hopefully she'll start bringing the baby inside anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the update OP. I'm glad the police attended and hopefully this will be a good wake up call for the mother, and hopefully the police gave her some contacts if she's in need of help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the questions you need to ask yourself is do you feel good… If not ask yourself why because subliminally there's an answer there for you. I'm not saying that tongue in cheek but my assumption is people only feel guilt if they have some underlying thing brewing under the surface. It doesn't mean you're a bad person it's just really questioning what you feel.For me I actually would have just suss it out by speaking tot he Mum, nothing really scares or bothers me and I think you can make many wrong judgements jumping to conclusions without all the facts. The simple thing is now you have reported her it makes it worse for you to do this and thus actually help. I understand people are scared these days but I dunno I'm the kind of person that's direct and if I think somethings wrong I come out and say it. I think there's a lesson in everything it's wether or not you want to look inwards to discover it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for ringing the police, op. Whenever you hear of severe cases of neglect or abuse, the question is always asked - why did no-one do or say anything. You did the right thing, by being the voice for this baby. Please dont hesitate to call them again if you feel the baby is left out there crying for long periods. Dont feel guilty, you have done a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wwyd?

Really great to hear you called. There's no problem with having something checked out that doesn't sit right.

Trusty chords, I believe OP said she had no way of accessing that building to speak to the woman, she could see it all from the balcony.

Of course she'd be upset, try not to feel bad about that, it's better to be safe than sorry.

As to why the police felt all was fine, two thoughts come to mind for me.

1: she's practicing that parenting technique that Loveliveshere posted about earlier and like the discussion in the smacking thread, it's a legal parenting choice so there would be nothing the police can do if the baby's other needs are met. It's that tricky line that many didn't agree with telling somebody how to parent.

2. If the baby is very new, could it possibly have jaundice and she's been told to leave it near a window with sunlight and she's chose the door because a window could get too hot or she doesn't have one with sunlight?
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 13-02-2015 at 17:05.