+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    That would distress me. Poor baby. It makes me so sad to think about it being left there for most of the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    Just because she doesn't sound frustrated doesn't mean she doesn't need help,

When I was struggling quite badly I didn't get frustrated but hen my toddler spent a lot of time to himself while I just layed there, he wasn't left crying etc and had his needs met but I wasn't doing the playing / interacting etc bit either

I'd either report or invite myself over with a coffee and a hello and see what's up then base my decision on that
    Thank you very much for sharing. I just always assumed that someone was struggling would be visibly upset. It's certainly given me something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    It sounds like she is following the English 1950's. (Dr king.) Style of parenting.
    See here
    Bringing up Baby epsiode 1: http://youtu.be/mSbrA3eO8A4

It scared the poo out of me when I saw the parents doing this. It's wrong in my opinion
    I did think of that style of parenting actually!

So tonight the baby stayed out in the doorway, crying little bits on and off, until just before 9pm! It was dark outside!

So long as I don't get called in to work tomorrow, I actually have nothing on except for school drop off/pick up and activities drop off/pick up in the afternoon. So I'm going to keep a close eye on them tomorrow. If it's still like this before I school pick up I will report.
    I actually just looked up the website for this housing, they say they are partners with a whole heap of different community/charity organisations to assist their residents, and they also have a report line for 'antisocial behaviour'. So that makes me feel a lot better, that I have somewhere to report it to.

Thanks for all the advice, it's been very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    With that info, i would be worried the baby isnt being fed. I would ring the police & report it - DOCS are very slow to respond & may not respond at all, where as police can send a patrol around.

ETA: you can even report ir as a noise complaint issue to the police. Then if they go & check it out, they can assess the situation & see if the baby is in danger & seems neglected.
    My thoughts exactly. Call the police first, they can call around and call in social services etc as needed. My heart is breaking for that poor baby

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (10-02-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (10-02-2015),VicPark  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    The difference is that this woman sounds like she's ignoring the baby the majority of the time and making no effort to console it.
    Now that the OP has clarified the amount of time baby is left out there I would definitely report it. I didn't have that info initially. As I said, better to report unnecessarily than not report a dangerous situation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It actually reminds me of babywise parenting (what I understand of it anyway as ive never read the books but have a couple of friends who follow it). they've done CIO with their babies from a week or so old. I definitely dont agree with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please make a report to FACS.
    It is not only anti- social behaviour but a potential child protection concern . Infants under age 12 months are the most at risk of abuse and neglect. by reporting it, you could be helping this mum by getting her the support she needs to look after that baby.

In NSW the helpline no is 132 111

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report it to DOCS and the police. I hope the baby is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like neglect to me. Please report it. Just reading about it is distressing enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With your updated info I definitely wouldn't hesitate to report it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would make a report with police and dhs. Poor baby
    Last edited by superbuns; 11-02-2015 at 08:26.