+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wwyd?

Just because she doesn't sound frustrated doesn't mean she doesn't need help,

When I was struggling quite badly I didn't get frustrated but hen my toddler spent a lot of time to himself while I just layed there, he wasn't left crying etc and had his needs met but I wasn't doing the playing / interacting etc bit either

I'd either report or invite myself over with a coffee and a hello and see what's up then base my decision on that
    Last edited by ThenThereWereThree; 10-02-2015 at 18:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With the updated info I'd definitely report. Hours at a time alone in the pram crying with no obvious feeds, it just doesn't sit right :/

If there's nothing wrong, then docs will come and check her out and leave it at that. But if there is something wrong then she'll be given the support she needs or bub will be taken care of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely report it. I think you need to trust your gut instinct in situations like this. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    To answer some questions-

Yes I agree it is very odd, I can't understand why she does it either!

I can't imagine it being too hot in there, it is a ground floor unit.

Baby is there for hours. Today seems to be the worst, though I have been home most of the day so I guess I've just noticed it more today. This morning baby was put there at about 730am. It screamed until I took the kids to school at 9am. When I got home at 1130ish, baby was inside but came out again at midday. Screamed until about 2pm, then fell quiet, but was still in the doorway. Has been seemingly asleep in the pram until just now at 6, when it started crying again on and off. The woman came to the pram afew times trying to quieten it (and no she does not rock the pram or anything). Now at 630pm, she took it inside. Yippee, I thought, it's going to have a feed. But it came back out no more then 5 minutes later. So I am a little worried now. I'm trying to keep an eye on it this evening to see if it goes inside long enough to possibly be fed.

As for talking to her- we are not in the same block, we do not walk past each other. I can see so much because she is ground floor, I am elevated ground floor. So I can see her directly from my balcony and my dining room window. My balcony has bamboo screening up, otherwise I had thought of leaning over and asking if everything's ok with bub. I can't go and knock on her door as it is secure with a pin code to get in the gate.

She doesn't look particularly rough. As I said, it isn't Housing Commission, it is an affordable rental scheme, where you have to be a single person, working, but earning under a certain amount (not sure where the baby fits into that!).
    But yes it is run by an organisation, so if it keeps up maybe I could contact them?
    The people there don't look rough, but my friend who is a social worker places lots of her clients in places like this, who are for eg mentally ill, or out of jail, or on drugs/coming off drugs. So that's why I am wary.

I'm just sick of hearing the poor thing cry. I wish I could go and pick it up.
    Oh no. I would report it. That's such a long time to leave a crying baby. It just seems really weird and I think someone needs to speak up for bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Having read your last post given that you are not really in a position to talk to them then yes I think I would speak to the people that manage the housing - perhaps they could do a welfare check?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It sounds like she is following the English 1950's. (Dr king.) Style of parenting.
    See here
    Bringing up Baby epsiode 1: http://youtu.be/mSbrA3eO8A4

It scared the poo out of me when I saw the parents doing this. It's wrong in my opinion
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 10-02-2015 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez poor baby. Ring dhs and let them deal with it.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Please call child protection intake in your state. They will have a phone number (usually a 1800 or 1300) you can call and report what you've seen.
    You can do this anonymously I believe.
    There might be a reason for what the parent(s) are doing but that doesn't make it ok.
    CP may investigate and find nothing.
    What would be great is if they offer the parent(s) support services, mentoring and monitoring.
    In situations like this, someone needs to be bub's voice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I would call child protection and tell them everything you have mentioned here.
    I would also call the police both as a concerned neighbour and as a noise complaint. Just to increase the odds that someone would turn up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought of that episode too LoveLivesHere! It sounds very similar.

I honestly don't know, if it appeared the baby is not being fed and is not being comforted at all I would probably contact DOCS as it sounds like you won't have the opportunity to speak directly with the Mum.