+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Update: So maxalon didn't work. So today I went to the doctor again and got Zofran. And I'm actually feeling like myself again. It's such a relief. I didn't even feel like a person in the end before. All I was was pain. Anyway. I feel a bit guilty taking zofran when it isn't proven 100% to be safe. But it's worth the risk. I was having bad thoughts about myself and my baby and I'm in control a bit more now. So I can cope.
    Don't feel too guilty about taking Zofran. I had severe Hyperemesis gravidarum and took a minimum of two (but up to four) doses every day from 6 weeks until I was induced at just over 38 weeks. That was in addition to occasional doses of Restavit, Maxalon and Phenergan (had to really limit how much of those I could take as even a half dose made me incredibly drowsy). It didn't stop me vomiting entirely - I vomited multiple times every day right up until the minute that bub was born, and was hospitalised several times for dehydration. But even with all of that medication, baby is now 4 weeks old, and is totally fine.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (14-02-2015),MrsSS  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Avon, I'm a sufferer of HG and my first pregnancy I didn't take anything till 33 weeks and this time round I had to take zofran as maxalon made me agitated.

It is scary and you do have mixed feelings from taking it, but you have to do what you have to do. I'm so glad to read that you are feeling better, it can really be depressing and debilitating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do not feel bad taking zofran. Being able to eat and drink is far better for baby than miserably wasting away....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Update: So maxalon didn't work. So today I went to the doctor again and got Zofran. And I'm actually feeling like myself again. It's such a relief. I didn't even feel like a person in the end before. All I was was pain. Anyway. I feel a bit guilty taking zofran when it isn't proven 100% to be safe. But it's worth the risk. I was having bad thoughts about myself and my baby and I'm in control a bit more now. So I can cope.
    This is really good news. and agree with PP that it's worth having it to be able to eat and drink. Also, you're not alone with bad thoughts....I had them too and felt sooooo guilty esp since our bub was IVF! Remember to take care of yourself emotionally as well as physically. Open up to your DP/DH as much as you can. 🌷

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyma View Post
    This is really good news. and agree with PP that it's worth having it to be able to eat and drink. Also, you're not alone with bad thoughts....I had them too and felt sooooo guilty esp since our bub was IVF! Remember to take care of yourself emotionally as well as physically. Open up to your DP/DH as much as you can. 🌷
    I second this very good advice to look after yourself emotionally as well. I spent so much of my pregnancy trying to "be strong" and keep on a brave face - that just added more stress to the situation. I got to the point at about 20 weeks where I could finally admit to people that I was having a horrendous pregnancy and how sick I had been. Once I broke down that barrier of admitting that I was not ok, I found myself in tears a lot more and venting out to my family and husband - but I found more support from them than I could imagine. I learnt that it's ok to admit that you aren't coping. I really hope that the Zofran is a turning point for you and that everything settles for you soon xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vomited three times yesterday morning before I said stuff this and had a zofran. Then fine! Even went to a wedding I was meant to go to that I didn't think I'd make.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoee For This Useful Post:

Happyma  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may be at the beginning of hypermesis (severe morning sickness), you sound just like me at the start I found the early stages really hard to cope too, the worst part is that you just can't see an end to it. I'm not sure if they will medicate you yet as you are not yet vomiting but go see your Dr they will at least weigh you and start to monitor you so it will be easier to get help in the next couple of weeks if they see you getting worse. I am now at 15 weeks and taking Zofran (ondansatron) it doesn't get rid of the nausea or the tiredness but helps with the vomiting.

I remember thinking in the early stages that there was no way I could handle weeks or months of this constant sickness. I have now been sick for about 10 weeks and I've managed, I'm ok and my baby's doing well and I'm telling myself I'll be better next week. I don't know if I will be better but I've learnt that you just have to try to stay positive.

I can't tell you when you will feel better but I can tell you that you can get through it! We are a lot more resilient then we realise and although there will be times when you feel you can't cope you will be ok and it'll all be worth it in the end! when you have that 12 week scan and see your little bub it will all feel completely worth it!

Don't stress too much about your weight when you are suffering with this your baby still manages to get what it need from you it's amazing! I can barely eat I've lost 7kg I am extremely boney but my baby is growing and doing well. 😊

Before we know it this will all just be a distant memory and we will be holding a beautiful baby!

Ps try some blackmores ginger travel calm tablets, they don't work for me anymore but they were amazing in the early stages.

Feel free red to pm me if you need any advise or someone to vent to!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Natie Nat For This Useful Post:

Avon  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry clearly I didn't read the last 2 pages of the thread before replying, I'm so glad to see you got some Zofran and it's helping. I know it feels bad taking it as you don't want to hurt bub, but my Dr has assured me that when you're that sick it's better for the baby if you do take it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I am only getting down about 1000 calories a day but I'm trying not to stress too much over losing weight just yet. The zofran unfortunately does not make it much easier to eat. And while I got a break from the nausea for two days it has now started to come back. I'm guessing my morning sickness must have got worse. I'm still doing okay though because I'm not in agony anymore. I'm back in bed though most of the time because i feel sick when I move around. I don't know how people go to work or look after children when they have morning sickness like this.

Anyway. All of you have been super lovely in you responses. It really means a lot. Thank you. I'm getting my 7 week scan tomorrow and I hope that once i see a heartbeat this will all seem much more real and worth it.
    Last edited by Avon; 19-02-2015 at 08:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would highly recommend you to go see your doc and have a check up.