+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Not coping..

Okay. So I'm five weeks and six days pregnant. For the last week, morning sickness had been terrible.

All day nausea. Often can't leave my bed for hours. I think nearly every food is gross. Don't want to eat.

I feel silly in a way because I'm not even throwing up yet and I know so many have it worse. But I'm already miserable all the time and I don't know how to snap out of it.

My mum had morning sickness until 20 weeks and I'm just so afraid of another three months of this, with vomiting on top.
    Also, my BMI is 20 and I don't want to lose weight because the fertile range is 20-24 and I'm worried it will affect my baby.

I don't know how to cope. Don't know what to say to myself. Nothing really helps. I can see myself falling into a pit of despair and I don't know how I will climb out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried anything for the nausea? Blackmores morning sickness tablets, Ondansetron? Hugs, I am 8 weeks and have all day nausea and aversion to foods, however I imagine it is mild compared to what a lot of women go through so I'm trying not to complain. It sucks though and don't know how I'd cope if it were worse. For some women it eases up by 8 - 9 weeks! You might be lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was the same op, very little vomiting but lots if nausea to the point where I couldn't eat and started getting faint. Luckily I was in a different country where they give morning sickness meds. I can never understand why , in Australia, we have to be practically dying of dehydration before they medicate. Have you spoken to your gp?

Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Okay. So I'm five weeks and six days pregnant. For the last week, morning sickness had been terrible.

All day nausea. Often can't leave my bed for hours. I think nearly every food is gross. Don't want to eat.

I feel silly in a way because I'm not even throwing up yet and I know so many have it worse. But I'm already miserable all the time and I don't know how to snap out of it.

My mum had morning sickness until 20 weeks and I'm just so afraid of another three months of this, with vomiting on top.
    Also, my BMI is 20 and I don't want to lose weight because the fertile range is 20-24 and I'm worried it will affect my baby.

I don't know how to cope. Don't know what to say to myself. Nothing really helps. I can see myself falling into a pit of despair and I don't know how I will climb out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your gp can prescribe meds to help the sickness. best go see them asap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to your GP, you shouldn't have to be this miserable if you can help it. I don't cope well with nausea either so I'm really not looking forward to that if I become pregnant.

Have you tried any home remedies as well? Motion sickness bands, ginger tea, eating some saltine crackers when you wake up in the morning, sucking on ice, etc?

I know this might not help right now, but remember it will pass...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat as you. Mine started at 7 weeks and I'm 9 now. It's been nothing but head in the toilet every 2mins. Couldnt eat anything, lost 2.5kg in a week.

I stormed into the drs office and said give me the magical pill that fixes this (previously he gave me maxalon which did NOTHING)

So he gave me zofran. Within two hours of taking it the nausea stopped. Not completely well feeling but good enough to shower and go to work. I still vomit and I still find it hard to find things to eat and I still feel depressed but it's stopped the every 2mins head in the toilet.
    Now it's just like 3 times a day dry reaching and maybe 1 vomit.

Dry biscuits.. I couldn't think of anything worse and someone on here suggested Pringles so I've been eating them and they help. Le snack helps too.

Breakfast is the hardest part of the day. I only ate half a yogurt this morning and then later a musli bar.

I try eat more at night when I'm feeling a little bit better but that doesn't always help coz on Sunday night I just vomited my dinner up anyway.

My husband sleeps in the spare room because I can't stand his smell and noises at night. It's so lonely.

Just know you're not alone and others feel your pain xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I concur with the others, go to your doctor, and refuse to leave until they give you Zofran. I had to burst into tears to get her to give it to me, but I walked out with a prescription in my hot little hand.

Like you, I wasn't vomitting, just had constant debilitating nausea. The zofran took maybe 80 - 90% of it away, so I could eat and function and not feel totally depressed.

You will get through it, even though I know it doesn't feel that way now. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and having mostly good days now. The other thing that really helped me was acupuncture. It made a huge difference along with the zofran.

Good luck! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please go and see your ob or gp. You don't have to live like this.

I was on maxalon at 6 weeks, it did nothing then ondansetron and it also did nothing. I was a wreck and not coping with anything. My Ob then tried me on prednisolone 3 x a day with b6, it worked and stopped me being hospitalised. I'm now 17 weeks and still on it, I'm working, eating and only have mild bouts of nausea. He is happy for me to remain on it my entire pregnancy.

It's debilitating but it can be managed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not coping..

I'm 6weeks pregnant and am struggling with all day nausea too, and I've also had a few afternoons where I couldn't do anything but lay in bed. I feel your pain. I've been so miserable lately. Thankfully my 18month old keeps me going, although I do feel like a terrible mum at the moment. If you can manage a walk, get out of the house and go for a stroll, the exercise and fresh air really does help. But truth be told it's only a momentary fix, as soon as I get home the nausea starts again (but it's worth not having nausea for 20mins). The other day I bought some motion sickness bands and they've really helped with the nausea, definitely worth a try! I also have a bowl of assorted things to suck on like mints, gobstoppers, life savers, mentos and chewing gum. I drink peppermint tea and eat the odd dry cracker to help. I'm constantly on the look out for new tips so will be reading the replys eagerly. Hoping that magic 12weeks eases the nausea
    Last edited by Koarlo; 10-02-2015 at 19:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, MS is the pits!! I won't give you any die hard advice, just tell you what I did. For the first bit, say 5wk to 10wk I didn't eat anything but dry crackers and I forced myself to do that so I at least had something in my tummy. I was on Zofran and maxolon and vitamins (blackmores morning sickness - it's a combo of B and ginger). I didn't vomit much at all, was just nauseous 24 hours a day. I often wished I could vomit just to get a bit of release for a few minutes. I couldn't work. My life was pretty much lie in bed for hours then lie on the couch for a bit - to feel like I'd got out of bed - then back to bed. My hubby did everything for me, including bathing me. I literally just survived. Anyway the reason for telling you all that is I found a really important part to stay sane (ish) was to just accept what was happening. I kind of "fought" it for so long if you know what I mean. Kept thinking I should be better or should be strong enough to get up etc etc. It was a really lonely depressing time. The days when I just thought yep, I'm going to feel like crap and that's ok were much easier to cope mentally. It's normal to feel a degree of hopelessness in this situation I think. Try and be kind to yourself and not have any expectations.
    I found some good quotes on google images that I saved on my phone and would read over and over when I wasn't feeling strong.

It won't last forever I promise! It might not feel like it now, but you are strong enough to get through it! Come on here and vent whenever you need.

ps I'm 33wks now and still have MS, but I'm a rare case xx