Dear Bubhub Community,

My name is Carla and I am a registered Psychologist working in Private Practice in Sydney's Inner West. I'm am writing to let you know about a new training I'm doing and to ask for your help.

I've begun an Infant Observation program through the the Institute of Child & Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (ICAPP) and I am currently looking for a soon-to-be mother.

If you're not familiar with the IO program, it involves a student-observer visiting a mother and new baby, from birth, at home each week to observe and experience alongside them the ways that a baby grows and relates to his/her environment. This experience has been a key part of psychotherapy training since the 1940s and is a a special experience that both mothers and observers find to be enriching and beneficial.

Your baby would be due from mid February to late March 2015 but it can be a little later, and if possible, would be seeking a couple living in the inner west or lower north shore of Sydney.

Ideally, the observation would commence as close to your baby's birth as possible, with a good first step being to meet with the parents prior to the birth of their baby. However, I am flexible around the parent's needs as to when they wish to commence the observation and would be more than happy to meet should you be interested to find out more.

If you know of anyone who you think might be interested, I'd be grateful if you could pass this thread along or forward them my details as contained below.

I'm really excited about this experience and appreciate any help you're able to give as I look for a mother-baby. Thank you for your time and consideration.

With warm regards,
Carla Sarkis
sarkis.psychology@gmail.com
0419 009 535