+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation and period after stillbirth

Hi everyone
    I lost my son on dec 16th one hour after he was born due to prematurity. He was 24+2 weeks. I have been waiting for my period ever since. I was sure I ovulated on the16th January but I still have not had a period. Is it possible to ovulate and not get a period? If I did ovulate, would I just then ovulate again 4 weeks after? I usually have very regular cycles of 28 days. I really need to know when I'm ovulating next for all sorts of reasons and I'm really stressed about it.

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry for your loss, how devastating. Big hugs on that topic...With regard to AF/Ovulation, it can take a long time after giving birth or misscarrying and every woman is different. How can you be sure you ovulated? Your hormone levels would be all over the place for a bit. And consequently home test kits etc will give you inaccurate results.
    I had a miscarriage about the same time (dec 18 I had a D&C), and I am still waiting for my AF, equally stressed (obsessively checking every time I go to the loo... Where are you AF?!), but my OB is saying it's totally normal to still not have had it, takes a while for hormones to regulate etc. Have you got a GP or OB you can talk to and arrange some blood tests? That is the next step, they will see where all your hormone levels are at and give some idea of where you might be in your cycle.... Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Sunnygirl. I'm seeing someone on Thursday so I'll ask for a blood test then. That's a great idea. What is AF? I thought I ovulated as I had that change in cervical mucas, but it was much stickier/stretchier than usual. The same thing just happened to me yesterday, which is exactly 4 weeks later. I had an ultrasound just after I thought I had ovulated on the 16th Jan, and they said yes it looked like I had ovulated. It's all so stressful not knowing what is going on with my cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    It may be possible that your body is trying to ovulate but not quite getting there. Best to ask your doctor - if you need to track your cycles maybe they can do a progesterone test to see if you've ovulated.
    I am sure this has already been considered/checked but is there any chance you could be pregnant again?