This makes me sooo mad.
We all know the issues we have with facebook allowing all kinds of photo's, but anything involving a picture of a breastfeeding mother is reported and taken down ... because, you know ..... we cant have pictures like that on a family friendly social media site like facebook
This week, Bubhub has received and email from google along the same lines.
We get google ads to advertise a small amount on our site. And this week we received an email with a warning, saying we must remove some specific content as we breached their account rules.
2 things that are massive issues for me ...
- Firstly, The blog they are warning us to remove is this one
Definitely not appropriate to talk about parents in that way on the internet ... gee, what could we be thinking
- Secondly, the warning we received says
yes you read that right.Violation explanation
Google ads may not be placed on pages with adult or mature content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages with images or videos containing:
- Strategically covered nudity
- Sheer or see-through clothing
- Lewd or provocative poses
- Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches
Google ads may not be placed on adult or mature content. This includes pages which contain:
- tips or advice regarding sexual performance
- some treatments of sexual health issues
- some sexual health advice related to pregnancy, childbirth, or family
- discussions about sexually transmitted diseases
Google ads consider websites inappropriate if they are discussing sexual health related to pregnancy or childbirth, or discussions about STD's.
What kind of world do we live in, when google - who make hundreds of millions on porn sites and the like - can suggest that an online, anonymous forum should not discuss sexual health?
For the record - bubhub decided to keep the blog and disable the ads
Thankyou @BH-bubhub for being the amazing person you are and putting women first.