+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's your 3 year olds routine like?

Do you have a routine for your 3 year old?

If so, can you please give me some inspiration?

DD is in desperate need of some structure.

Thanks in advance! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3.5yo doesn't really have a routine as such, except for dinner, bath, books, bed. Bedtime is always 7pm. She used to have a sleep after lunch (about 12:30) but is dropping that now, so I think we'll replace that with 20mins or so of reading books.
    Inbetween doing the school drop/off pick up and being home for the baby's sleeps, we don't get too much time for activities for her. So she helps me with baking/ dinner prep, watches a bit of TV, occasionally we might do some painting/ craft /playdoh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um, she wakes usually between 6:30-7:30. We have breakfast straight away. Morning tea usually around 9:00. We go out most mornings (grocery shopping, park, gymnastics, playgroup), have lunch around 12:30, watch TV for around an hour after that. Afternoons are generally around the house, afternoon tea around 3 ish. Dinner around 6ish, shower, book and bed by 7:30ish.

She does not have a day sleep and hasn't for at least 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS2 is 3 years and 3 months and he wakes between 6 and 6.30, gets up has a wee and then breakfast straight away. At 8am he comes along for a drive down our driveway to put the big kids on the bus. Approx 3 mornings a week we go to town to do something - pool, reading group, playgroup otherwise we do farm stuff or just hang about and do some drawing/craft/playdough etc... Morning tea is at about 10am, lunch at 12pm and on the days we do something, he'll fall asleep in the car on the way home and then I'll transfer him and he'll sleep for a maximum of two hours. Afternoons are usually pretty quiet - he'll hang out with me while I do washing, dinner prep or housework and just yabber on and on and on (lucky he's cute!). Then some afternoons, we'll go into town to pick up the kids otherwise we'll just pick them up from the bus and then it's pool time (we have a pool), homework for the big kids, dinner, bath, stories and bed. He's asleep by 7pm or by 8pm if he's had a day sleep.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 09-02-2015 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd will be 3 next month and our days are pretty regular

She wakes between 7:30-8am. Breakfast straight away, dressed then out most mornings (kindergym, library, swimming, shop etc). Lunch around 11am or when we get home. She naps from 1-2:30pm then its just play around the house. She gets tv time from 4:30ish when I cook dinner

I *aim* for 5:30 dinner, outside play since its a bit cooler by then, bath is at 7:30 followed by story and bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am not much of a routine person, but we have fallen into a routine out of necessity as I work 3 days, so on those days we're up at 5:30, dressed, and off to daycare by 6:30 where they have breakfast. They obviously have a routine there, and then I pick them up at 4pm and we get home, have dinner, bath, quiet time (books or tv) toilet, brush teeth, bed at 7pm.
    On my non work days we're up at the same time (habit) and eat breakfast at 6:30, drop the eldest to prep at 8:30, then we go to the gym. On thursdays we have swimming after gym, on fridays after gym we are FREE! haha. Then we do what we want. My 3.5 year old does't nap anymore, my little one still does, but we don't worry about where, if we happen to go out he'll nap in the car or pram, so we just do what we want on thursdays and fridays between gym/swimming and school pick up. Night routine is always the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dont have a routine as such, i have always followed the kids lead and thankfully its just all fallen into place in regards to the regular sleep times etc. We do have a bath routine though- dinner, bath, bed. The time varies depending where we are or what we are doing but the order is always the same. But an average day for my 2.5 year old looks like this

8am wake up, breakfast, get dressed, do school run

8.45 - 10.30 play, morning tea

12.30 lunch and sometimes sleep (if she does sleep she usually sleeps until school pick up time at 2.30, if not, play until 2.30)

2.30-3.00 school pick up

3.15- 5.30/6.00 play (usually outside play)

6.00-6.30 dinner

6.30- 7.00 bath (she stays in the bath while the others have their shower etc and while i feed the baby)

7.00 bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    No precise routine here. Wake up in the morning have breakfast. Bit of outside play until it gets too warm then we come in and have morning tea. Play inside until lunch. A bit of tv time after and then he plays with DH when he wakes up. Back outside once it starts to cool down to splash in the little paddling pool or jump on the trampoline. I start dinner while they're outside. Inside for dinner. Then we start the bath, teeth, etc routine for bed. Then we hop into bed as DH heads off to work (night shift worker).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have a strict routine in place these days as every day is different, a couple of them she's home with DH, one she's home with me, unless I have to go into work in which case she's with a friend or neighbour. Then there's kinder and daycare on the other days. The only thing we try to be consistent about is making sure she gets enough rest, so early bedtime (7.30ish), and either a sleep or quiet time after lunch every day. Also we try to make sure she eats well, she has a tendency to snack all day if we let her, but I think she functions much better on proper meals at set times with small snacks of fruit in between. On the days she's at home with either of us we try and do an activity or play date in the morning, and something fun at home in the arvo like craft or time out in the garden.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    DS1 turned 3 last month. We don't have a strict routine..more of a rough guide haha. We are flexible and I also have to fit DS2 into this routine (he's 1.5yrs).

He wakes anywhere between 6am-7am.
    Breakfast is pretty much as soon as he wakes up.
    If we have plans for the morning then we all get ready to go out, otherwise there's a little bit of TV time so I get a coffee in peace.
    (We do swimming lessons on a Wednesday morning and a fit kids class on a friday morning). If we are at home then we play Lego, play outside, do some form of craft some days or sometimes we have a play date.
    Early lunch and then Nap time is around 11am (sometimes later if we have been out and don't get home til a bit later). He sleeps anywhere between 1-3 hours, but fights it some days.
    Snack when he gets up. More play time. Some afternoons we go round to my parents (when my hubby is away at work) and have dinner with them.
    Dinner is around 5pm. Some TV time after dinner then bath/shower, bit of a play, reading books and bed. Bed ranges from 6-7:30pm depending on how late he napped, if we go round to my parents etc.