+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Formula to Cows Milk

Hi Hubbers,

Apologies if this has been asked. My LO has just turned 1. On Friday we started the transition to cows milk (from formula). All seemed fine. Now today he is doing small vomits after a cows milk bottle. Not just a milk spew, it smells like real spew. He doesnt seem concerned by it though. Obviously I will see my doctor this week but now I am unsure if I should just keep him on toddler formula for now, which he is fine on.

Opinions are mich appreciated !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd stop the cows milk until you see your Dr, it could be an intolerance which is quite common, just stay on formula for the time being , there is no need to rush to change , cows milk is just a drink , not a formula replacement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, this happens with my DS if he even has the tiniest amount of watered down cow's milk on his cereal, just constant possets for a couple of hours. Same thing, doesn't bother him, but he's turning one early next month and I'm planning on just gradually cutting out bottles (he's on 3 a day) and just make sure he drinks more water to compensate. I may try giving him some sort of dairy free milk replacement in the evening so that he has a decent drink before bed, or just give him some toddler formula, not sure yet.

He's fine with yogurt and cheese from what I can tell, so I'll just make sure he gets three serves a day of these.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was like this, I gave her A2 milk until she was 15 months and then tried her again with regular full cream milk and she was fine..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, quite happy to stay on the formula if need be. But I may give A2 a try also.

He has cows milk in cereal every morning with no issue, it just seems when he has more than 1 serving a day, its not agreeing with him.

Just trying to move him to a cup (which is harder than I ever anticipated) so thought we would also make the change to milk.

He eats everything and anything - so I may just up the dairy.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Just FYI ladies, you don't have to switch from regular formula to toddler formula. The regular formula is better and if you're going to keep giving it there's no reason to switch. ☺️