+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cleaning 'down there'

TMI

Just wondering what everyone uses to clean 'down there'?
    I've heard water is the best, soap is a no no. I use 'femwash' as I find it makes me feel clean. I have an issue with smelling though during the day, particularly when sweating (exercise,hot day etc) and am wondering if this is normal? I feel like I should be changing my undies during the day.
    I've been to my g.p before and had tests done with nothing wrong. Which makes me feel it's probably normal though I've never heard anyone else talk about it!
    I have big legs and wonder if the fact that I don't get much air down there would cause it too. I get very sweaty!
    By the way this isn't a smell that is horribly offensive, but there is def one there. Oh and it's not something someone else could smell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I mean this in the nicest way possible, but its either just your natural smell or your paranoid and reading too much into a normal smell! I only use water but i dont have a smell (that i know of ) but i think soaps and washes ususally mess with the ph balance which makes it worse. Have you tried panty liners and just changing that for a freshen up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shower in the morning, use panty liners and change regularly. Wear cotton undies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol thanks girls. I don't know if it's all in my head or not! I've never had anyone comment but I get a bit paranoid about it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice long relaxing soak in a salt bath

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op. I have had this all my adult life. As pp suggested panty liners help. Also using talc between my legs so the sweat doesn't add to the problem.
    It is just my normal smell and though not offensive to others it does make me paranoid. I can smell it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

Em9  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I use femfresh too. Without it, I don't feel clean.

I think it's your natural smell, especially if noone else can smell it... i have a natural 'aroma' too. Panty liners are a great invention. Change them regularly, and you should be fine.

Oh, also, I don't use the femfresh everyday- I use it every second day. When I was using it everyday, I found there was a slight build up. Every second day works much better for me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I'm showering I use Cetaphil (it's ph neutral) to clean myself properly. I also wear liners every day without fail. I'm quite a sweaty person in general when I'm hot, so I find the liners good because I can freshen up as such just by changing a liner. If I feel like I need to freshen up properly I'll use a wet face washer with water only. During AF however I will use the flushable wipes as it makes me feel cleaner.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Em9  (08-02-2015),HeavenBlue  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm going to try wearing a liner and see if that makes me feel better. Especially while it's so hot atm! I was wearing them towards the end of pregnancy as things were getting messy down there. I don't use soap on my body as I have terrible skin so I wonder if my wash would work down there too. Thanks for the insight ladies, I had no idea what everyone else did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Make sure you only wear cotton undies as well. They can make a huge difference.