+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlie View Post

AFM the spotting has stopped for now, my hcg is up to 19,300 today (from 1970 a week ago) so about on track RE doubling, 43.7 hrs. My thyroid function is at 2.77 - how does that seem to others? Clinic seemed to think it was fine.
    Who said it was fine? The doctor or the nurse? It gets confusing for them as the 'normal reference range' beside the results are shown for non-pregnant people. Did they tell you to increase your thyroxine once pregnant? Your requirements increase in pregnancy as the fetus needs it as well as you. The guidelines say it should be <2.5. Every GP knows this so go see your GP for advice if you're not getting anywhere. You should be getting your pregnancy linked in with the GP for monitoring anyway. A good GP manages this stuff really well.

check out this link. It's American but it's the same as here. Good luck!

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/752878
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 10-02-2015 at 08:38.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we just got our fertilisation results! Of the 17 eggs, 14 were mature enough for ICSI and 7 are little embies! I really didn't know what to expect but 7 is fantastic for us considering last time we only got 1 out of 13!

Overall I am a little sore but not as bad as last time. I just need to keep an eye out for OHSS symptoms but so far so good

Hope that the good news continues to others on here too! Can't wait to hear how you guys went too.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillhoping83 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015),Kookii  (10-02-2015),Sharlie  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Butterfly39 I couldn't get to the link but I have made an appointment with the GP for Thursday.

Does that progesterone level look ok do you know? 43 seems low compared to you other ladies but i cant find anything definitive online to know if I should be pushing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillhoping83 such a good outcome! Keep an eye on those OHSS symptoms, even mild ones. I had it mildly, nausea and abdo pain when I got 17 eggs then right after we did our transfer the symptoms went off the charts, I was so sick vomiting so hard I lost control and i suspect they got worse due to a chem that round, that didn't stick because of the OHSS. Everyone is different but I regret doing my transfer that round and think that embie might have had a better chance on a later FET. Hope you have a completely different experience.
    xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlie For This Useful Post:

stillhoping83  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlie View Post
    @DellaDella I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you this round. Big love to you. x Take the time you need to grieve and I have everything crossed for your next round. xo
    @JenniwithanI that's very exciting. I have a question... what is the ideal range for progesterone? And why does your body drop the levels, is it 'trying' to get rid of the pregnancy? Mine came in at 43 today. Last week it was 44 and we have added an extra Pessary since then! They asked me to add another combo Pessary so now I'm up to 2 combo and 3 prog pessaries/suppositories a day.

AFM the spotting has stopped for now, my hcg is up to 19,300 today (from 1970 a week ago) so about on track RE doubling, 43.7 hrs. My thyroid function is at 2.77 - how does that seem to others? Clinic seemed to think it was fine.
    Hi Sharlie, thank you! - I'm not on any progesterone support so 123 is my natural progesterone however a drop from 138 is a little concerning to me since I've read droppings progesterone could lead to a miscarriage. I guess it all depends if the on next BT I'm not doubling HCG and progesterone keeps dropping. So not out of the woods.

I am not sure what the progesterone levels need to be but my understanding is they are meant to build with the pregnancy to support until the placenta kicks in at 12 weeks. But I'm not sure completely as my FS is not concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillhoping83 View Post
    So we just got our fertilisation results! Of the 17 eggs, 14 were mature enough for ICSI and 7 are little embies! I really didn't know what to expect but 7 is fantastic for us considering last time we only got 1 out of 13!

Overall I am a little sore but not as bad as last time. I just need to keep an eye out for OHSS symptoms but so far so good

Hope that the good news continues to others on here too! Can't wait to hear how you guys went too.
    Amazing result!! Well done - watch out for the OHSS but be guided by your FS. Good luck!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

stillhoping83  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I will definitely keep chugging my water and powerade to do all I can to avoid it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stillhoping83 For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniwithanI View Post
    Hi Sharlie, thank you! - I'm not on any progesterone support so 123 is my natural progesterone however a drop from 138 is a little concerning to me since I've read droppings progesterone could lead to a miscarriage. I guess it all depends if the on next BT I'm not doubling HCG and progesterone keeps dropping. So not out of the woods.

I am not sure what the progesterone levels need to be but my understanding is they are meant to build with the pregnancy to support until the placenta kicks in at 12 weeks. But I'm not sure completely as my FS is not concerned.
    I asked this question today as my progesterone has just dropped. They said most doctors like it to be over 20 (seems a lot lower than your levels though). My levels recently were 31 then 29 and today they are 18. The level does fluctuate apparently.

I'm on 3 x endometrin Pessaries a day already so not sure what the plan is, they are checking with the FS and will let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Wondering if you can shed a light on this: my first IVF cycle was cancelled after epu, and I'm still waiting for O. I normally O CD15-17, today is CD21 and my temps are still low (should I already trust my BBT?). Did you ovulate late after your stim cycle?

TIA!

PS: thank you @Sharlie for the updates!

Baby dust to all of you! 😘😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my fertilisation results this arvo, from out 16 eggs, 14 fertilised... Quite
    Pleased with this result as last time we got 14 eggs and 3 fertilised which was a big surprise to us and FS. Until then he couldn't quite out his finger on the issues. So with encouragement it seems like the boys and girls do like each other after all!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sullo08 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-02-2015),Sharlie  (10-02-2015),stillhoping83  (10-02-2015)