+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Thanks @octonaut and I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. I am crossing my fingers for your other little fighter to keep hanging on. I can't imagine what you would be going through at the moment.

I must admit it is weighing on my mind. Can I ask how far along you were? I'm only 17 days post EPU now - when should I start pushing for a scan? (that is, if levels don't start dropping on their own). I'll be having more bloods and speaking to FS again on Monday but I'm not sure when anything would become visible...
    I first started bleeding at 4w6d from lmp, but the gestational sac measured 5w2d. Hcg was 2550 Yesterday when the ectopic twin was found I was 5w6d. I think that after hcg reaches 1000 something should be able to be seen on a scan? For my first scan they only saw the one in my uterus, they either missed the ectopic or it wasn't visible.

How are you feeling today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @octonaut that's helpful info. I'm feeling ok, still bleeding, but it has slowed down a lot. I'm just fed up really - I don't want this to drag on like my first chem did. I had fully accepted that this cycle was a BFN when I got the unexpected blood results, so I just want it to be resolved so I can move on, you know?

I hope you're feeling ok after your surgery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MrsChino I'm so sorry you are in limbo land. It's hard. It's bad. Hugs!

I just had a chemical and the whole process from seeing two lines to negative hcg level took 12 days. It was a tough 12 days. I was also really worried of ectopic. I kept hoping for a chemical not ectopic. I could accept chemical better than ectopic. Luckily my hcg dropped pretty quickly.

When is your next BT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Minib I'm the same as you - very much hoping for chem over ectopic! The chem I had in July took about 2 weeks to resolve too, and the days really dragged. Not a good time.

Anyway, I'll have another BT on Monday so am hoping it gives us a clearer picture of what's happening then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soooooo I had another BT this morning. HCG has gone up to 141 from 25 on Friday, so great doubling rate, but still way too low for 4 weeks 4 days. The worry is still ectopic of course, so I need to have another BT on Thursday followed by a scan on Friday if levels haven't started to drop by then. Meanwhile my bleeding has stopped and nausea has started. This is such a mind f**k!! I hate being in limbo like this - I just wish I knew what was happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - I'm so sorry that you are going through this hopefully it will all be worth it in the end for you. xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez @MrsChino - you're not wrong about being in limbo!! Hope you get your answers soon xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to billykate For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino, that sucks. I am so so sorry.
    I'm in limbo too. Short term until a scan tomorrow but the surgeon said that if the twin in utero is going to die it will probably be within two weeks. So if I see a heartbeat tomorrow that's still not really reassuring.
    141 seems low but not really really awful. Do you feel there's any chance it could be viable?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Ladies. It’s just hard because there’s nothing anyone can do except watch and wait, which I know you can all relate to. @octonaut There is a part of me that is hoping very much for a viable pregnancy, although I know it’s very unlikely and I‘m trying to be realistic about my chances. I will be crossing my fingers for your scan tomorrow, although I can imagine that even if all is well at that point you will be walking on eggshells for some time to come. This journey is so cruel. I dream of being one of those people that realises AF is late, does a pregnancy test, toddles off to the GP to confirm, and 9 months later has a healthy baby. Can you imagine?! It just seems like we IVF-ers live on a completely different planet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely. Those people and scenarios are so alien to us. That's why groups like this are so important. Hugs!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (09-03-2015)