+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the info @hermia. I have been reading that some clinics offer testing on day 3 embryos. All of our embryos to date have arrested before day 5, so I'm really hoping that will be an option for us. Yes, the cost is pretty hideous! But I figure that at least it might give us some more clues as to what's going on and maybe avoid some wasted transfers that wouldn't have worked anyway. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Was the testing you did CGH? I'm just learning about all this stuff and getting my head around the different types of testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hermia we are doing freeze all/pGD next time too. I'm wondering do you need a cycle off between your stim cycle and FET? Or do you go back to back (sorry if I've already asked you this). Our clinic is $350 per embie to test but another $1700 for FET cycle 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Thanks for the info @hermia. I have been reading that some clinics offer testing on day 3 embryos. All of our embryos to date have arrested before day 5, so I'm really hoping that will be an option for us. Yes, the cost is pretty hideous! But I figure that at least it might give us some more clues as to what's going on and maybe avoid some wasted transfers that wouldn't have worked anyway. That's what I'm hoping anyway. Was the testing you did CGH? I'm just learning about all this stuff and getting my head around the different types of testing.
    Yes, we did array 24 cgh. It looks at all 24 chromosomes and says whether they're normal or not. So it won't tell you things like gender or specific illnesses, just whether you've got a full set of genes or not. It told us that embi 1 had a piece of chromosome 18 missing, and embie 2 had a piece of another one missing. So I'm not sure if it would tell you what is happening other than them being genetically abnormal, which happens to up to 70% of embryos. But I'm sure your FS could tell you more!
    @bella25, we would have been able to go straight into the FET after the testing cycle if we'd had anything to transfer, so it wouldn't be that long to wait if you got lucky. Wow, that is a lot cheaper than what we had to pay! X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hermia For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hermia I should have also said that's on top of the stim cycle charge - plus icsi - so around $5k ish (plus $350 per embie to test). Wouldn't it be great if these babies came with guarantees?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So… I’m not quite sure what is going on. I had a repeat BT this morning after getting an HCG of 5 on Wednesday. It was 25 today. So it has risen, but still way too low for 16 days post egg pick up. I’m also bleeding like a running tap and cramping, so I’m quite shocked that there is anything left in there at all. Of course, the concern is ectopic, so I have to have another BT on Monday, and have instructions to head to hospy if I have any sudden onset sharp pain etc over the weekend. I’m not sure how to feel. Is it another chemical? Is it ectopic? What’s going on in there? I just don’t want this to drag on and on…

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - that's an amazing rise in 2 days. Is there any chance you fell naturally this cycle? Fx you get your resolution quickly. Uncertainty is so unsettling x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @bella25. Nah, no possibility of a natural conception this month. DH was away on a work trip up until the night before EPU, and the crinone has put a stop to any hanky panky since then so it has been *ahem* quite some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - I hope you get your answers soon... And I hope it's good news. xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    So… I’m not quite sure what is going on. I had a repeat BT this morning after getting an HCG of 5 on Wednesday. It was 25 today. So it has risen, but still way too low for 16 days post egg pick up. I’m also bleeding like a running tap and cramping, so I’m quite shocked that there is anything left in there at all. Of course, the concern is ectopic, so I have to have another BT on Monday, and have instructions to head to hospy if I have any sudden onset sharp pain etc over the weekend. I’m not sure how to feel. Is it another chemical? Is it ectopic? What’s going on in there? I just don’t want this to drag on and on…
    Be careful and keep pushing for scans if you have to honey. I know you're a bit earlier than me but think of it this way: looking might not see anything, but not looking definitely won't see anything.
    I had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy last night and I had no pain beforehand at all. I'd been bleeding bright red for 6 days but I still had to push for a scan. I really hope there is some kind of cosmic quota on ectopics for this thread and I've just filled it. I pray that you are safe.
    Last edited by octonaut; 07-03-2015 at 12:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @octonaut and I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. I am crossing my fingers for your other little fighter to keep hanging on. I can't imagine what you would be going through at the moment.

I must admit it is weighing on my mind. Can I ask how far along you were? I'm only 17 days post EPU now - when should I start pushing for a scan? (that is, if levels don't start dropping on their own). I'll be having more bloods and speaking to FS again on Monday but I'm not sure when anything would become visible...