+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish you all the best for Tuesday Octonaut. As hard as it is to even think you had twins and lost one, I do hope that is what it is and you see a perfect little bean on Tuesday, you don't deserve anymore pain, please be the one x
    That is my transfer day.

Anyone have a HRT FET? Second day of severe headache today and wondering if it's related 😢 yesterday was full blown migraine (loss of vision prior) today just bad headache. I hate feeling so crap for nothing, please be for something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @billykate WOOHOO! Well done you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sullo08 For This Useful Post:

billykate  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 I'm really sorry to hear. Big hug.
    @MrsChino I'm sorry to hear your result. It's thought to know what bits to take away from each cycle, which bits to be encouraged by and which bits you want to forget ever happened. Hopefully Friday's test will be in your favour. Hope your pain has settled.
    @Jadette this sucks bum!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sullo08 For This Useful Post:

Jadette  (04-03-2015),MrsChino  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic and exciting news!! @billykate big congrats xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadette For This Useful Post:

billykate  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone and so sorry to everyone else in the same boat. This has been a tough few days with a lot of horrible moments for a lot of us...but @billykate I am so happy that you got your BFP and we can end this thread on a positive! I wish nothing but health and happiness for the months ahead. To those waiting on outcomes I'm sending all of my positive wishes your way too.

Thanks for all your support everyone. It really is nice to have a place to come where people understand. xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

billykate  (04-03-2015),MrsChino  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again ladies, it means a lot xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by octonaut View Post
    Congrats @billykate and so sorry to all those with bfns or in limbo land.
    I think I'll have to call myself a limbo-er too. I'm now on my 5th day of bleeding. Too light to be called a period (just), too heavy to be called spotting. I'm so confused. I had betas taken on day 1 and day 3 of bleeding and they were going up but had slowed slightly. The clinic thinks I may have been pregnant with twins and now lost one. Uggghhh I just don't know what to think! I had a scan which showed one sac measuring 5w2d (but I was 4w6d at the time) and obviously nothing else. The sonographer could not find the cause of the bleeding but did say there was nothing near the embryo. I have another scan on Tuesday and it is kind of "the one", I guess. There should be at least a yolk sac/foetal pole and possibly heartbeat. Until then I am not so slowly going insane :/
    Don't give up hope, @amiracle4me had several bleeds early on that turned out to be fine. Good luck for Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there @MrsChino and @freakedout44, I did PGD this cycle, so I might be able to answer some of your questions?

we decided to do it because I got pregnant on all three transfers last year, but lost all pregnancies by week 8. This time around we got two strong hatching blasties to test, but both had chromosomal abnormalities. FS said that it was now simply a numbers game and getting the right embie.

let me know if there's anything I can help you with? Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hermia For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @hermia.
    Are you able to tell me how long the testing takes and what the extra cost is approximately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    Thanks @hermia.
    Are you able to tell me how long the testing takes and what the extra cost is approximately?
    So for my clinic the testing took about ten days all up, because their lab is in Melbourne and I'm in Sydney. This meant that on day 5 they biopsied the blasts, sent the biopsies to Melb, and then froze the blasts that day. So if I had had a normal embryo to transfer, I would have done a natural FET on my next cycle. The cost is a bit eye-watering - about $4k which is not Medicare claimable. But we decided that avoiding the pain of the mc's was worth it. My FS doesn't recommend PGD unless you have had recurrent mc or are over 38, mainly because of
    the cost