+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    Hi ladies - just after some advice.
    Our BT day is the 5th and it's our wedding anniversary on the 4th.
    I am thinking of POAS so that if it's positive I can surprise DH with it on our anniversary, but run the risk of ruining a nice occasion for myself (or possibly both of us if I tell him) if it's a BFN....odds are not in my favour so far which is why I'm worried!
    What does everyone think I should do?
    I wouldn't POAS on your wedding anniversary. If you're desperate to know then test earlier so you've got a couple of days to cope with it if it's negative.

Sometimes you can see a line as early as 5dp5dt if using a FRER and FMU. But you'll need to factor in also that a line, while a good sign, isn't home free - you still need the BT... And then the scan and then the next scan etc....if you're lucky till get a nice strong early line which is a pretty good sign, but if it's not worth potentially compromising your wedding anniversary id say wait.

Ultimately it depends on how you think you'll cope if it's BFN.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Jadette  (28-02-2015),Sullo08  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Appreciate all the support. I've accepted this is a marathon not a sprint. Perhaps more of an ultra marathon. If I have to wait a month then I will. Whatever is best for my body and embie. I will name the next embie 'cube' from ice cube (frostie)
    @stillhoping83 I also had a glass of wine last night. And I was tipsy after a glass haha. Soft! Had coffee this morning and my heart was beating fast. Clearly my body isn't used to them anymore. With your FET, if you are on a natural FET cycle it could mean no drugs at all. There are various approaches. Your FS will let you know which one to try. Infertility and ivf are tough. Brought the strongest women to tears and a mess. I'm also normally pretty resilient and strong but ivf could mess with my head and heart big time.
    @freakedout44 do you have plan how to celebrate your anniversary? I agree with scuba. Test 2 days early or just wait it out. A positive frer isn't a guarantee unfortunately.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Jadette  (28-02-2015),JenniwithanI  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Minib I was drinking vodka and coke and I could not stop talking and was just super energetic! Definitely not used to the caffeine either! Surprisingly I slept well once I wound down but woke up with a bit of a sore head hahaha. I hope you enjoyed your wine.
    I couldn't believe how stressed and strung out I was, which I only realised once I had actually relaxed!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillhoping83 For This Useful Post:

Jadette  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the others @freakedout44, from personal experience I have never had a positive so I would always expect a negative but would still get disappointed when I saw no second line. It has ruined plenty of days for me and I certainly wouldn't risk an important day even if I was 99% sure it would be BFP. ♥
    I truly hope you get that BFP but I just wouldn't do it for that day just in case.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stillhoping83 For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (28-02-2015),Sullo08  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you all for your advice. I think you all have much more patience and willpower than me lol.
    But I'll definitely try my best!

We are going out for a nice dinner at our fave restaurant, which will be good just to take our minds of the wait and eat some amazing food.

I'm pleased to see that you ladies are all using this opportunity to let your hair down a bit. God knows you all deserve it! I'd kill for a bourbon right now!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

Jadette  (28-02-2015),JenniwithanI  (28-02-2015),stillhoping83  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib so so sorry Hun. Here's hoping you can go straight away for the next cycle. When I had the chemical in Nov my FS said he would have been happy for me to go again straight away had it not been for he clinic shutting down for Christmas. In a way I am glad I waited the extra month because it made me healthier and stronger which has no doubt helped me get to the 7 week Mark so far. I wish you well and look forward to seeing you in a new thread soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullo08 View Post
    Ok so I got the results... Hcg has nearly tripled since Wednesday and is at 134. FN still not happy but said we could at least be "hopeful" another blood test next Wednesday to see if it will fall on the "normal range" for 5 weeks.

Given they way I'm feeling, I've decided to be very hopeful!

Thoughts?
    That is amazing news @Sullo08 xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

Sullo08  (28-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls being the last day of February I guess this marks the end of our thread? Or do we move elsewhere? I am not sure how this works.

If it is, I would just like to say what a genuine pleasure it has been to cycle with you ladies and experience all the ups and downs and fearful and delightful, sad and happy moments. Thank you for being there when I needed and for sharing your stories.

Not sure where we go from here but if it does start to dwindle, I hope to see you in another thread hearing all about your baby news! May we all have bundles in our arms soon xx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

Jadette  (28-02-2015),stillhoping83  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JenniwithanI and others who have been blessed with a bfp: we have a Facebook group happening. it's secret and doesn't have "baby" or "ivf" in the title. Love it if you could join us, pm me for details!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are two feb/mar thread created a while ago.

One called FET feb/mar. The other one is ivf march I think. I'm in one of the threads (the FET) but will still post here if everyone else want to continue here too?