+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsChino I just lol! That is pure gold!

Our was called embie. Pretty standard. Nothing too creative going on here! Our friends called their beautiful ivf daughter Ivy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (25-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately it's bad news for me. HCG went up to 70 from 55 48 hours ago. So it's not even 60% increase. Need another BT on Friday but I don't see how it can be viable. I'm worried this will drag on or if it's an ectopic. I'm so tired. Can't do this anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Unfortunately it's bad news for me. HCG went up to 70 from 55 48 hours ago. So it's not even 60% increase. Need another BT on Friday but I don't see how it can be viable. I'm worried this will drag on or if it's an ectopic. I'm so tired. Can't do this anymore.
    Really sorry to hear that @Minib I know how hard it is and nothing can make you feel better. If it's any consolation at all I had the same thing, a slow starter that didn't make it on my first cycle. I transferred again the very next month and got the sticky one so hopefully your next one is a stayer. Sending you lots of hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no @Minib my heart just sank reading your news. I'm so sorry. I really hope you get a clear answer on Friday, either way. I know how awful it is when there is uncertainty and it drags out. Sending you big big hugs. Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MrsChino and @ScubaGal. It sucks!

@ScubaGal can I ask what the hcg levels were for the one that didn't stick. And how long before you knew it won't make it?

Honestly ladies,there isn't a lot of chance this one will make it right? If it's not meant to be I don't want it to drag on. Just give me some closure. I'm feeling emotional and tired. It's been 3 years since we start ttc. 4 cycles. 1 miscarriage later now this. I don't even know how to feel. Not crying as I'm not sure how I should be feeling. Is this an ectopic, miscarriage or chemical?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @MrsChino and @ScubaGal. It sucks!

@ScubaGal can I ask what the hcg levels were for the one that didn't stick. And how long before you knew it won't make it?

Honestly ladies,there isn't a lot of chance this one will make it right? If it's not meant to be I don't want it to drag on. Just give me some closure. I'm feeling emotional and tired. It's been 3 years since we start ttc. 4 cycles. 1 miscarriage later now this. I don't even know how to feel. Not crying as I'm not sure how I should be feeling. Is this an ectopic, miscarriage or chemical?
    Sure you can.

My first cycle I had an HCG of 95 at 10dp5dt. They had told me it needed to be at least 100 so I was initially devastated till the nurses and my FS said no, this is a positive you'll be fine. So I spent two days on cloud nine and on the third a repeat BT showed a level of 135 so it had gone up but not doubled. The same result showed that because the HCG wasn't tracking properly, my progesterone had halved from 44 to 20. Remember, HCG rising causes progesterone to rise, not the other way around.

I was utterly utterly devastated. To me a loss is a loss no matter how early, even when you fail to get a BFP it's still a loss because unlike non-IVF couples, you know a good embryo went in so its a loss regardless.

I took it really hard. Even now it's raw to think about it and I think my original due date of 11 April will be a tough day. All of our babies are wanted no matter how far they get or how early on they are lost.

Two days later it had stopped rising and dropped to 104.

Three days later I started to miscarry properly and after about five days, a lot of bad food and alcohol my HCG had dropped to 2.7.

My FS let me go straight to another transfer because it had resolved quickly enough and that's the sticky and kicky little man I've got on the way. The first two trimesters were quite hard in terms of anxiety, and it's really only now I feel like I'm going to get a baby.

I'm glad I pushed for the back to back transfer, there is some evidence that right after a loss you have a slightly better chance of getting pregnant and my FS agreed that it was worth a shot so if you are able to cycle again soon I think it's worth a go.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were you on any prog support @ScubaGal? My prog level has gone up to 71. Clearly that's because I'm on pessaries. So all these days I was worried about prog level, it turned out I didn't even have to worry about that. It's the hcg. I hope my body knows what to do not get confused with the artificial prog level. I will bounce back and do another cycle. Heck I will do a few more cos it's harder to stop than keep going. I also heard it's easier to carry again after a loss but that didn't happen to me. My last miscarriage was on 17 Feb 2014. Gosh I hate February. I don't like my chances really but nothing I can do but wait until Friday. Hopefully either way I get an answer.

Yeah I've wasted so many embies, I might look into pgd next. Once I finish my frostie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS thanks @ScubaGal for sharing your story. And I'm so sorry the due date is coming up. It was hard for me on my first pregnancy. Tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Were you on any prog support @ScubaGal? My prog level has gone up to 71. Clearly that's because I'm on pessaries. So all these days I was worried about prog level, it turned out I didn't even have to worry about that. It's the hcg. I hope my body knows what to do not get confused with the artificial prog level. I will bounce back and do another cycle. Heck I will do a few more cos it's harder to stop than keep going. I also heard it's easier to carry again after a loss but that didn't happen to me. My last miscarriage was on 17 Feb 2014. Gosh I hate February. I don't like my chances really but nothing I can do but wait until Friday. Hopefully either way I get an answer.

Yeah I've wasted so many embies, I might look into pgd next. Once I finish my frostie.
    Yep on crinone the first time and oripro the second. Hang in there, IVF is a numbers game. You've just got to keep rolling the dice, I really believe that. It's all about the embryo and each embryo is different - different genetic combo, different sex all of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Also - don't think of the embies as wasted, they are helping your FS to learn more and more about you to get that sticky one.