+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 698
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    0
    @billykate Go you little fertilized embies!

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    722
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @billykate that's amazing! Well done!

    Girls who got 20ish eggs can I ask what your protocol was? And whether you down regged first? I'm thinking I would like to see a more aggressive approach next time I cycle. We got 4 eggs, they all fertilised with icsi and 1 day 5 blast. I was happy with that but would really like more next time... Yep, already thinking next time!!! In a positive way!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

    JenniwithanI  (18-02-2015)

  4. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    0
    @bella25 re: pregnyl. Most sites say you lose it at about 1000units per day. I tried following mine out with poas but it never faded. I think, and so does my fs, it was still in my system at 7 days after my last 1500units. So my advice is wait for bt!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to kizmetzing For This Useful Post:

    bella25  (17-02-2015)

  6. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    @billykate that's amazing! Well done!

    Girls who got 20ish eggs can I ask what your protocol was? And whether you down regged first? I'm thinking I would like to see a more aggressive approach next time I cycle. We got 4 eggs, they all fertilised with icsi and 1 day 5 blast. I was happy with that but would really like more next time... Yep, already thinking next time!!! In a positive way!
    Yes; I was long down regged with Synarel but the magic ingredient was probably my FS & FN over a few cycles fine tuning and then a couple of months break on lots of supplements (and growth hormone). However a lot of eggs seems like a double edged sword. Quality suffers with high numbers, I think the ideal number is around 13. Probably not so much of an issue for you younger ones but more so for the older crowd slow and steady is ideal to produce that nice normal egg. The cycle I got pg on I think I made around 11 or 13 eggs then got 4 blasts out of that. Despite getting more eggs, the other funny thing is that you sort of only end up with the same amount of blasts no matter what u do or how many eggs u get. Every cycle is different. I've had cycles where I only got 4 eggs, that was on antagonist, my new FS changed my protocol as soon as I saw him. Even when I got 19, the quality wasn't there. 5 made the freezer and I think they're all pretty fragmented. Hence this time we added the growth hormone, melatonin, other things... My FN really cleverly finessed the timing of things and seems to know my body better than me in terms of when things will happen. Anyhow the team are real gems and seem to have done a really great job getting that many eggs out of a soon to be 42 year old . I wonder if I'm just a burnt out pcos.

    Anyhow fert results are in, of 23, 19 were mature, suitable for injection, 15 fertilised . We are happy with that obviously but haven't had a chance to put the hard word on the embryologist re quality yet, will wait and see what they are looking like tomorrow.
    Xxx
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 17-02-2015 at 17:48.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

    bella25  (17-02-2015)

  8. #225
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    Hi all - just a quick update. We got 20 eggs! Very happy with the numbers and hopefully we will get some better fert. Rates this time around.

    Hope you are all well.
    Well done that's great - You have done really well, rest up with the hot water bottle and keep your fluids up... How r u feeling? xxxx

    @MrsChino good luck for epu tomorrow. How are you travelling?
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 17-02-2015 at 18:07.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

    MrsChino  (17-02-2015)

  10. #226
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billykate View Post
    Well that's annoying! Anyone here with MIVF? I thought they were supposed to call me with fertilization rates day after EC, but no. I called them and she did tell me, she also said I recieve no further information about them until I am notified of embryo transfer time on Friday night? (Transfer is sat) - that's annoying, I'd like to be kept updated as they go!

    16 out of 25 eggs fertilised by the way
    Oh that's a hard wait isn't it. Why dont they update you? I usually just phone the lab for a progress report.

    16 fertilised that is fantastic you and DH must be happy with that. Must be a goodie in there somewhere. How are you feeling ?

    Atm
    Bit puffed out, bit more breathless than usual running for my plane today when I went to the wrong gate lol. God I'm such a dork, I've been ditzy all day. Felt sad waving goodbye to DH sending him back to work. Back with the furbabies, though which is lovely. Mums going to save the day tonight and bring around Mac cheese then I think I'll snuggle down with a movie.

  11. #227
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    719
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked
    598
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post

    @MrsChino good luck for epu tomorrow. How are you travelling?
    I'm doing ok, thanks Had to set my alarm for the middle of the night for my trigger - nice! All fine and done though. Feeling pretty uncomfy now, and just keen to get EPU done. Congratulations on your embies - that's a good fert rate! Fingers crossed they keep doing what they are meant to do, and you end up with some goodies.

  12. #228
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    722
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Yes; I was long down regged with Synarel but the magic ingredient was probably my FS & FN over a few cycles fine tuning and then a couple of months break on lots of supplements (and growth hormone). However a lot of eggs seems like a double edged sword. Quality suffers with high numbers, I think the ideal number is around 13. Probably not so much of an issue for you younger ones but more so for the older crowd slow and steady is ideal to produce that nice normal egg. The cycle I got pg on I think I made around 11 or 13 eggs then got 4 blasts out of that. Despite getting more eggs, the other funny thing is that you sort of only end up with the same amount of blasts no matter what u do or how many eggs u get. Every cycle is different. I've had cycles where I only got 4 eggs, that was on antagonist, my new FS changed my protocol as soon as I saw him. Even when I got 19, the quality wasn't there. 5 made the freezer and I think they're all pretty fragmented. Hence this time we added the growth hormone, melatonin, other things... My FN really cleverly finessed the timing of things and seems to know my body better than me in terms of when things will happen. Anyhow the team are real gems and seem to have done a really great job getting that many eggs out of a soon to be 42 year old . I wonder if I'm just a burnt out pcos.

    Anyhow fert results are in, of 23, 19 were mature, suitable for injection, 15 fertilised . We are happy with that obviously but haven't had a chance to put the hard word on the embryologist re quality yet, will wait and see what they are looking like tomorrow.
    Xxx
    Thank you for this amazing detailed explanation! Sounds like you've got a great formula worked out and an excellent team. Can I ask which clinic you are with?

    I've been looking into dhea as I've read that is good for low ovarian reserve (that's what I have). Also my signature needs updating - I'm never on computer to do it but I'm 33 now and amh is 5 so FS says I have ovaries of a 38yo-40yo.

    And great fert results btw! FX for some good little embies!!

  13. #229
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked
    80
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Ladies, sorry but I've been stalking as I really haven't had anything to share. Tomorrow is Epu for me. Hoping that I get a good haul like lots of others have recently. Feeling like I swallowed a beach ball! Dh is not looking forward to a Tesa tomorrow but hopefully it may result in some better quality sperm. Wishing everyone on here the very best of luck and baby dust on their current cycle✨✨

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadette For This Useful Post:

    JenniwithanI  (18-02-2015)

  15. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0

    Default IVF/FET in January/February 2015 #2

    Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    @billykate that's amazing! Well done!

    Girls who got 20ish eggs can I ask what your protocol was? And whether you down regged first? I'm thinking I would like to see a more aggressive approach next time I cycle. We got 4 eggs, they all fertilised with icsi and 1 day 5 blast. I was happy with that but would really like more next time... Yep, already thinking next time!!! In a positive way!
    @bella25 - I was on the antagonist protocol, this is my first cycle. I have pcos so I knew there'd be a fair crop in there! Not sure how many were mature... 16 fertilised though


    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Oh that's a hard wait isn't it. Why dont they update you? I usually just phone the lab for a progress report.

    16 fertilised that is fantastic you and DH must be happy with that. Must be a goodie in there somewhere. How are you feeling ?
    I have no idea why they don't update. :-/ I'll give them a call on day 3 and see how they're going

    Yep we're very happy. It's a cool feeling, knowing that the two of us have "joined" and hopefully will be one of our children. Very special! Fingers crossed... As for how I'm feeling, good! Except bloooooated this evening... Hopefully it goes down ASAP!

    Xx

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billykate For This Useful Post:

    bella25  (17-02-2015),Butterfly39  (17-02-2015),Jadette  (17-02-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF/FET in January/February 2015
    By Sharlie in forum IVF
    Replies: 1097
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 23:08
  2. Jolly January testing thread - January 2015!
    By Bub077 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 643
    Last Post: 14-02-2015, 13:45
  3. February 2015
    By BecInBliss in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 04:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Hunter Women's Health Centre
Hunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric health.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!