+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh SPG, I learnt my lesson a long time ago about going to just anyone. I have only 1 person who i ever let touch my hair, 1 person who will only ever do my eyelashes and either or can touch my eyebrows but i generally prefer my hairdresser doing them as she is much quicker(less painful) and cheaper too.

Hope your next experience isnt too bad. If you were closer to me, i would recommend my hair dresser to you(i would say she was worth the travel but maybe not to you). Inbox me if you would like her details anyway.
    Last edited by Myztiks#1Fan; 07-02-2015 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sitting on my bed with a sick bub. He is currently cutting teeth number 6 & 7. DS1 is having a sleep over at my folks place. DH is doing the dishes. I just want bub to sleep so I can veg out properly. I'm 1/3 way through making an origami ball.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just finished a workout and now im watching the breakfast club about to devour some fresh raspberries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I had a hair cut and eyebrow wax today. I went to the normal cheap charlie place but it is generally all good. The beauty therapist generally does my brows but she wasn't on this afternoon. The cut is fine but I was so annnoyed by the shampoo and wax. The girl, I assume an apprentice wet most of my face, water dripped off her arm onto my face (am I wrong to find that quite gross?), she flapped the towel across my face when drying my hair off. I was reluctant to let her do my brows but I bit my tonngue. She was really imprecise with the waxing, pulled the wax off in the direction of hair growth on my monobrow (yep, I said monobrow ) dithered a lot and then pinched my skin twice with the tweezers...ouch. It was the worst wax I have ever had and I don't even have a nice clean line. I was afraid to ask her to trim them. Ah, feel so much better now I have vented.
    My cousin started beauty college mid last year and in January asked if she could practice a few things they learnt last term on me. Sure why not. i will tell you why not. She did my hair great. She did my leg wax good (a few burns but nothing big) then came eye brows. 1st one was ok. Arch was to high so i looked a little surprised but i could fix that. But then halfway through the second one the wax dripped off the strip onto my brow. Boom. Lost half my eye brow. So i looked hapf surprised and half insane as it was the inside half closest to my nose.
    She Apologized alot and said she could fix It. How much worse could it get? Sje bleached them. White blonde. I'm not dark but I have Italian on one side and an aboriginal grandma on the other so I had bright white brows for about a week then its started growing out. Half and half brows for 3 weeks ( waxed bit 1/4 grown back)

Theyve grown out mostly now though tips still white and i can draw on the missing part.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RaraMum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaraMum View Post
    My cousin started beauty college mid last year and in January asked if she could practice a few things they learnt last term on me. Sure why not. i will tell you why not. She did my hair great. She did my leg wax good (a few burns but nothing big) then came eye brows. 1st one was ok. Arch was to high so i looked a little surprised but i could fix that. But then halfway through the second one the wax dripped off the strip onto my brow. Boom. Lost half my eye brow. So i looked hapf surprised and half insane as it was the inside half closest to my nose.
    She Apologized alot and said she could fix It. How much worse could it get? Sje bleached them. White blonde. I'm not dark but I have Italian on one side and an aboriginal grandma on the other so I had bright white brows for about a week then its started growing out. Half and half brows for 3 weeks ( waxed bit 1/4 grown back)

Theyve grown out mostly now though tips still white and i can draw on the missing part.
    Oh hun, that is a cosmetic nightmare. Guessing you won't be calling on her services again in a hurry.

Mine are passable, but just not a good job. And having very dark brows, it is obvious when they aren't done well.

The best brows I have ever had were done by someone who didn't have brows (white blond, very fine) and drew them on. I had reservations but she said because she has brow-envy she made sure she got really good at brow waxing.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I just finished a workout and now im watching the breakfast club about to devour some fresh raspberries.
    Do you work out on your own or with a trainer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Listening to the rain. About time that the wet season arrived. Watching Harry Potter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Now eating chocolate chip cookies that I just made. Love hot cookies

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Do you work out on your own or with a trainer?
    On my own, i dont have the child free time for a gym or a PT unfortunately so i wait until the kids are in bed and hit the treadmill and weights i have at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Watching Flowers in the Attic!! Putting off unpacking and organizing in our new house.