+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stolen Purse Returned

So yesterday I had my Purse stolen at our local shops. I was extremely upset as I had withdrawn a few hundred dollars to get some groceries and for our day trip today. Well this afternoon I get a knock on the door....a lovely man had found my purse dumped on his front lawn and found my address on my license! I was so grateful, even though the money was long gone every single card was still in there (although my bank cards etc are useless after being canceled) there are still good people in this world!

I feel really bad as I was so shocked I failed to get his details (I would have loved to send him a small thank you gift as the purse was expensive and a Christmas gift from hubby)

Just thought I would share my good from bad story : )

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (07-02-2015),Mod-RaryGirl  (07-02-2015),monkeymama  (08-02-2015),Whirligig  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a lovely man❤️

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Beljane  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a lovely story! I've left my wallet on a bus bench with money in it and a lovely man found it and returned it to me at home with all the money still in it (was only about $50) I was so grateful there are still awesome people in the world

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    aww that is lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    That is a one nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I wouldn't feel bad that you didn't get his details, most people returning good are just happy that you've got your belongings back.

I found a wallet once and took it to the police station. It was an awful experience. The first thing the police officer said was 'spose there is no money in it' then looked at me shocked because there was. Then proceeded to state that I must want to leave my details incase there was an award, to which I declined yet again.
    I was just glad that this wallet didn't fall into the wrong hands and would make it back to the owner as I'm sure the man returning yours was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I wouldn't feel bad that you didn't get his details, most people returning good are just happy that you've got your belongings back.

I found a wallet once and took it to the police station. It was an awful experience. The first thing the police officer said was 'spose there is no money in it' then looked at me shocked because there was. Then proceeded to state that I must want to leave my details incase there was an award, to which I declined yet again.
    I was just glad that this wallet didn't fall into the wrong hands and would make it back to the owner as I'm sure the man returning yours was.
    Omg. What rude officers. I know in that sort of field their faith in humanity would be tried and tested so often but thats so rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    That's great. I've returned a lost wallet I found once but I put it in their mailbox as nobody was home at the time.

A couple of years ago I was managing a club in Sydney's west. It didn't have its own car park but there was a council owned one across the road. One Saturday night we had a wallet handed in to us by a very honest person complete with the $500 inside!! Unbelievable as this was in a bad area of town and is the last thing you would expect to happen! After getting some details from the wallet we managed to get a hold of the mans phone number so I called him to let him know we had his wallet and could collect it at his leisure. He was floored! He then went on to tell me that he didn't care about the $500, it was the wallet he was most grateful to get back as it had belonged to his late father.

Love a happy ending!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH lost his wallet at uni just after we moved to a new state. A lovely man found it, but all he can find from the cards was our old address from a different state. He contacted our previous local library after seeing DHs library card, then the library sent an email to my DH with this lovely man's contact number. So DH got his wallet back and was really thankful to this man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were at lone pine koala sanctuary on Saturday , and right at the entrance was a ladies purse. I didn't check to see if anything was there, I literally walked 3 steps inside and handed it in. I've always picked up purses and handed them in if I've seen them. I would hope that the same thing happened if I ever lost anything