+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes he starts in April. I only really have the weekends as dh isnt here for any feeds during the week (ds now sleeps through & dh is gone 12 hours a day). So i feel like im quite pushed for time if we are only trying bottles on the weekend.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    14 days of weekends between now and April ! Keep trying!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anything he learns he will forget by the weekend though? Dont get me wrong im only speaking as an older sister, not a Mum yet. But i do remember the boys taking a while to get used to new things and having to be consistant. 5 days must feel like an eternity between tries with the bottle for bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i know thats the problem, but if dh tries the bottle he just plays with it, pushes it away etc but if i try he gets upset - so i dont know what else to do except let dh try on the weekends only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Keep persisting. We are having this problem with DS, he has no idea what to do with the bottle and just spits it out. Just keep at it. He will get it eventually.

You can still try yourself, yes it will be more likely if your DH does it, but the more you try the better.

He won't starve, he will have no choice but to either eat or take a bottle when you aren't there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Keep giving him bottles until he figures out that thats all hes getting? Hes going to click eventually. Im remembering toilet training with the boys...consistency is what they need for things to sink in. I think your DS just doesnt know whats up because the days are few and far between then he gets a shock when you switch back the next weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS was like this - he refused the bottle and cried every time. We persisted for a couple of weeks, every day, and eventually he took it. After that he just accepted the bottle with no fuss. He just had to realise what it was all about.

We tried lots of things like different teats/bottles, feeding positions, time of day, hungry, not hungry, sleepy, awake & happy... It was stressful because he needed to go to formula for health reasons and I was so worried he'd never take it.

Maybe give him an empty bottle to play with - might help make him familiar with it. Worth a shot.