+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Smile Quick, healthy, low-cal mummy lunches

I know I'm always after ideas for quick, healthy, low-cal mummy lunches. Thought I'd open up a thread to share ideas around.

There's lots of lunches that we can make that are healthy and low-calories for help in losing the last of the baby tum, BUT! Are they quick??? That is the question. Because if they're not quick then one will either skip the meal altogether, just grab an apple on the run or make something that is not going to get them through til dinner.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (07-02-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Sub

I get turned off a lot of lunch ideas because I usually get 3-5 minutes max to pull it together. Any longer and my diva dd has lost her poo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I'm in a hurry sometimes I'll grab some corn thins/rye cruskits and depending on time will either top them with:

a) ricotta, tomato/cucumber slices and some white pepper. Might put a little ham on if it's in the fridge

b) small amount of peanut butter if I really have zero time

I was making salad on mountain bread wraps for a few years but just don't have the time now.

Sometimes I'd make up extra chkn and veg soup and pop some into single containers in the freezer and pull out the night before. But that only goes so far and only in winter months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My quick healthy lunch is literally 2 ryvitas or brown rice cakes with some red tin salmon mixed with lemon juice , black pepper and some baby spinach or I boil a batch of eggs every few days and make each one of us eat one for breakfast or I'll just have a boiled egg and a few avocado rice cakes for lunch - just make sure you have protein at lunch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    These are my go to at home or take to work lunches;

- Small tin of tuna with some microwave brown rice or wrap, baby spinach, lemon juice and chilli.

- frozen salmon , steamed in microwave with steam fresh veges or steamed broccoli ( with chilli sauce and lemon juice).

- quick toastie or sandwich (ham or tuna and cheese) or wrap with salad and ham/chicken or tuna

- salad with baby beetroot, canned lentils or butter beans, baby spinach, some fetta cheese and balsamic vinegar

- crunchy Asian or vege salad with ham or chicken (super easy most supermarkets have a pre -made crunchy salad)

- rice or corn cakes with basil, tomato, cheese, rocket/baby spinach

-left -overs or scraps as they are affectionately known in this house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work part -time in a demanding job. I pre-slice veges when I have time and store them in ziplock bags ready to be steamed quickly in the microwave (for dinners and lunches). I also pre slice fruit and vege slices for quick snacks. I also store homemade popcorn and rice crackers in ziplock bags for snacks and almost always have cheese or hommus in the fridge. I also bake savoury and sweet muffins and keep them in the freezer for snacks/lunches. I also usually have a couple of lean cuisine meals in the freezer as an emergency low cal lunch or dinner for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not working other than some volunteer jobs and p & c but for DH I usually but premix crunchy salad mix or ice berg lettuce, tomatoes, avo, sometimes baby beets and cocktail onions,maybe a boiled egg and whatever meat leftovers we have. Whenever i get the time I try to chop it all up into separate containers so in the AM when he leaves (usually 4-5) one of us can just toss it into a lunch container and drizzle on his dressing. prep not the quickest but on the day its quick,sometimes he will take a wrap and wrap it himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love cottage cheese on ryvita sometimes I add tuna too.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing bbl