+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    I would say to the child not to throw the toy at peoples faces because you can hurt them. If they did it again I would take it further.
    This. I'm not confrontational at all so probably would leave it at that.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're not aware your child is throwing **** at people then you're not properly supervising your kid around water.
    A pool this deep is dangerous, a child can (and many have) drowned in pools of this description, at my local pool I have to be within arms reach oft four year old in the baby pool because he's under 6,
    This is a toddler baby pool that reaches his knees lol

No u don't think op was silly I think parent needs to stop treating the pool like a personal backyard one and supervise their kid better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If something hit me in the head and actually hurt me my instant reaction probably would have been to yell loudly "oh my god" or "what the hell".

I probably would have looked at the child's mother to see if she saw it. Not sure I would have said anything though, more of a look to see if she had anything to say.

I feel like that situation was pretty frustrating so the toy in the head probably would have ended my night at the pool. Alternatively I would have moved to another part of the pool with the least concentration of rambunctious youngsters.

Perhaps on the way out I would mention to a staff member that it's hard to do laps when kids are mucking around in them and that it would be helpful if staff assisted to keep the lanes clear for swimmers (they could tell children to stick to the main area of the pool).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So i did nothing. I was shocked and stunned and i picked the toy up and put it back on the side of the pool with him and turned around to head away. The toy then came flying at the back of my head.

The mother might not have seen, but it sure looked like she saw the first incident and the conveniently 'didnt see' the second. I let the toy sink to the bottom and said a little "f u" in my head. I didnt know what to say, i was shocked and am also non-confrontational.

Now i know he was young, he is not the issue. When i was a kid my mother would never, ever let me get away with anything like that. I feel like just because your kids are at a pool its not a free for all where your kids can run wild and be brats and you get to sit on your phone. Frankly i would have taken the two seconds to get up off my bum and say to my child "hey mate, hop out of the lane and come over this side of the pool". What happened to basic manners?

How selfish do you need to be to think another paying customer has no right to use the facilities. It was 7.30 at night, i would hardly class that as after school time therefore would expect my child would be respectful of everyone in the water.

I think the carers who dont supervise and control their children in a public space are the problem, not paying customers who are entitled to use the facilities.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-02-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I dunno, I think by 3 most kids would have a fairly good idea that throwing things is not ok - I know my 19 month old son knows its not ok cos he usually thtows something then goes and hides so he doesn't get told off. My older 2 definitely knew by 3 that throwing things at people was a big no - no.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-02-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    So i did nothing. I was shocked and stunned and i picked the toy up and put it back on the side of the pool with him and turned around to head away. The toy then came flying at the back of my head.

The mother might not have seen, but it sure looked like she saw the first incident and the conveniently 'didnt see' the second. I let the toy sink to the bottom and said a little "f u" in my head. I didnt know what to say, i was shocked and am also non-confrontational.

Now i know he was young, he is not the issue. When i was a kid my mother would never, ever let me get away with anything like that. I feel like just because your kids are at a pool its not a free for all where your kids can run wild and be brats and you get to sit on your phone. Frankly i would have taken the two seconds to get up off my bum and say to my child "hey mate, hop out of the lane and come over this side of the pool". What happened to basic manners?

How selfish do you need to be to think another paying customer has no right to use the facilities. It was 7.30 at night, i would hardly class that as after school time therefore would expect my child would be respectful of everyone in the water.

I think the carers who dont supervise and control their children in a public space are the problem, not paying customers who are entitled to use the facilities.
    I like the bit where you let it sink to the bottom and said a little F U in your head. Hehe. That's totally what I would've done. And if the kid had asked for it I would've conveniently not heard and kept walking away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've moved a lot, and the pool setup POT refers to, where there is a 50m 'adults/serious swimmers" setup is pretty rare. Most have their lap pool with a 2-3 lane wide section at one side for play. Then the other lanes are signed. Generally it is well policed by the lifeguards, but similar to this scenario, you do get young ones who are more hesitant to get yelly.

I swim backstroke in the slow lane, which usually is next to the free play area, and never hesitate to tell kids to get off the lane ropes and stay out of my lane. I cannot see them coming, I cannot see where I am going and if they splash onto me I cop a full breath of water.

As for the toy to the head. I agree that most 3yo kids would know it is wrong. It's 50/50 if I would have done the silent FU like the OP did, or if I would have hissed at the kid "we don't throw things at people, no throwing!". I don't like telling other's kids off when the parent is there, as I know it's a sensitive issue, but the teacher in me just can't help myself sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post

I understand why you're annoyed. And seriously, the mum should've been within arms reach of a child of that age. Some people are just so rude and irresponsible.