+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Its the 25m heated pool, i dont 'think' its specifically for kids and at 7.30 at night there was no swimming lessons. The pool closes at 8, surely i am entitled to use the pool too, and at $8 entry i was going to! It wasnt that it was overly busy, just the same 5 or 6 kids kept jumping all over the lane rather then utilising the other 3/4 of the pool...the lane ropes are a fun toy i suppose.

This i was fine with, i get that they were having fun... I guess where i feel the issue relating to etiquette was the child actually pegged the toy at me at close range quite purposefully and the Mum didnt say a word iykwim.
    If it was deliberate the kid was wrong, but I wouldn't have said anything...because that's what I would do, which what was asked. I don't know what you did, so it's not like I'm saying you handled it wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    If it was deliberate the kid was wrong, but I wouldn't have said anything...because that's what I would do, which what was asked. I don't know what you did, so it's not like I'm saying you handled it wrong.
    I was just explaining more into the situation... i guess trying to say i dont think i was just being stupid for using the pool.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I guess being Fri night there was bound to be families there and I would recognise the whole pool wasn't there just for me. I would have been miffed the mother didn't react but probably wouldn't have said anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I guess being Fri night there was bound to be families there and I would recognise the whole pool wasn't there just for me. I would have been miffed the mother didn't react but probably wouldn't have said anything.
    She didn't want the whole pool just a single lane which had been sectioned off..the kids had three quarters of a pool they could have been brats in.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (06-02-2015),BettyW  (06-02-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were in that situation, I'd most likely call out to the nearest lifeguard, and in my loudest voice, say something like "hey, do you know where these children's parents are? One of them just threw something hard at my head! I'm pregnant here and trying to exercise?"

Ok so a little passive aggressive, but more likely to be effective!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where were the life guards telling them to "GET OFF THE LANE ROPES"!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (06-02-2015),mummyrissa  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have been annoyed. At our pool there are usually signs up that say 'walking lane', or 'laps only' or something to that effect. If I had been trying to exercise I would have been annoyed at the kids jumping around and probably ask them to move. Then to have something thrown at my head... hmmm... if I was calm, I would have picked up the toy and threw it as hard as I could in the opposite direction, or over the fence or something. If I was crankier I would have yelled "hey! don't throw things at people, go somewhere else and play!", and maybe called out to the mum to tell the kid not to throw things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Where were the life guards telling them to "GET OFF THE LANE ROPES"!!!!
    Its funny you asked that, as i was leaving i asked the lifeguard what time the pool shut and said that next time ill aim to come later so i miss the kids. He replyed "8, the kids were being pretty reckless tonight, i probably should have said something! Sorry."

I said "yep, would have been nice before i got a rockhard toy pegged in my face!" Poor guy looked horrified- he was only young so i was friendly and joked about it. I figured he was prob just as scared of the kids/mums as i was. Lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-02-2015),moosey  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    She didn't want the whole pool just a single lane which had been sectioned off..the kids had three quarters of a pool they could have been brats in.
    The OP asked what would I do. That's what I would have been thinking and what I would have done. Not what I thought she should have thought or done. That's entirely up to her.

I never see the point of these threads. It's 'what would you do?' but if you wouldn't do what the OP did people jump on you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Full House  (07-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (06-02-2015),peanutmonkey  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    If I were in that situation, I'd most likely call out to the nearest lifeguard, and in my loudest voice, say something like "hey, do you know where these children's parents are? One of them just threw something hard at my head! I'm pregnant here and trying to exercise?"

Ok so a little passive aggressive, but more likely to be effective!

This and I would've taken the toy with me lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (07-02-2015),MsViking  (06-02-2015)