+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    he will probably eat it at daycare. you would be AMAZED what babies/toddlers/kids do when in another environment. My kids ate food they would never ever try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I used plastic tubs with a secure lid to freeze the em in.
    I've heard there has been research into BM. Apparently some peoples milk changes in flavor after it has been chilled or frozen. Let me see if I can find the article. Maybe you're one of these people?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    he will probably eat it at daycare. you would be AMAZED what babies/toddlers/kids do when in another environment. My kids ate food they would never ever try.
    I agree. Daycare put an end to my DS' s bottle addiction and had him eating meals instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 8 mth old GS has weatbix, mashed apples, mashed pears, bananas, toast , steamed vegies cut into chunks, custard, rusks, biccys, he loves his food and loves to have a spoon in his hand as you feed him.. he loves to feed himself as well..

I know when my 2 were learning to eat, id give them a chop bone with meat on it and they suck the meat off.. they loved salmon, fish, rice , chicken stew as well..

just some ideas for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I've heard there has been research into BM. Apparently some peoples milk changes in flavor after it has been chilled or frozen. Let me see if I can find the article. Maybe you're one of these people?
    Thats interesting! Maybe thats the problem with my em.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe try those zip lock bags designed for storing EBM and squeeze the air out before freezing.

DS took a while to take a bottle, DH persevered and eventually he took it. Once he got started he was fine. We worked out that there was a bit of a 'sweet spot' when offering it, he had to be a hungry but not too hungry.

With solids, it's really just about time. You're doing all the right things. Eventually he'll start eating and before you know it he'll be eating everything in sight! DS is 6mo and is just starting to take a tiny bit of solids some days. We're in no hurry.

It's good that he's starting daycare before you go to work, at least you can experiment a bit and see what works - are short days possible initially? My DS just started 1 day a week and I'm only doing half days for a couple of weeks until he settles in a bit.

April is forever away in baby terms - they change so much in a short space of time.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    You could try ziplock bags as an alternative just to see if he takes it then?
    Also, maybe try a sippy cup instead of a bottle?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (06-02-2015),HeavenBlue  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I can't find the specific article. But I know if you google change in breast milk flavor various results come up. Apparently it is down to the lipase. Odd question but are you sure the milk changed flavor or is it just your best guess why he won't accept it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its just a guess heavenblue as he does take it if its fresh.

He wont take formula in a sippy cup either. Dh is only here for one feed a day except weekends & everyone else (including the neighbours) work full time, so we can only try the first feed of the day as a bottle of formula. Even if he does take that one i havent figured how how im going to wean him the rest of the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another thing that can change the taste of ebm is if you shake it. When defrosting/ warming it needs to be swirled around rather than shaking. Also reheat by putting bottle/container in some hot water, don't microwave.
    I've always found that when expressing a whole feed I get heaps, making the stash when you're feeding as well is the hard yards.
    Have you tried giving 3/4 ebm (fresh) with 1/4 formula and slowly upping the formula amount?