+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Vomit! I'm terrified of vomiting (will do everything I can to stop myself) and absolutely freak out if anyone in the house starts vomiting. I will admit that I've got better with my own kids but it still sends my anxiety through the roof!
    Oh me too! I have slept upright in an attempt to not being sick. I freak if someone vomits and if I even hear the words gastro I instantly feel sick. Urgh makes me shudder!

I'm phobic of teeth - by that I mean losing or damaging them. Horrible childhood experience that still haunts me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Possums. Though I don't think that's irrational. Nasty little fruckers. They look so cute and cuddly.... and then you get close, and bam! they bite you on the toe. Or maybe that's just me... I'm also petrified of how they growl. I never knew they growled. Then the very first time I went camping, I woke to hear this terrible guttural growling straight outside my tent! I was so so scared, I had no idea what it was. It took ages to build up the courage to get up and peek out to see the bear/monster/boogie man that was outside, only to see a bl00dy fluffy little possum sniffing around the chairs!

I'm also very scared of being in the ocean (not on it). I just feel it's so unpredictable, and if I go in the water higher then my waist/chest, I start to hyperventilate a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Someone touching me after they've been to the toilet and not washed their hands. Because, just ewwww! I also freak out if there are no tissues in the house because I'm obsessed with my nose being clean.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it if people are playing football or something near me, like at the park. As soon as the ball is kicked I feel like it's going to hit me in the head. I duck and try to get away as quickly as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are your biggest silly/completely irrational fears?

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Possums. Though I don't think that's irrational. Nasty little fruckers. They look so cute and cuddly.... and then you get close, and bam! they bite you on the toe. Or maybe that's just me... I'm also petrified of how they growl. I never knew they growled. Then the very first time I went camping, I woke to hear this terrible guttural growling straight outside my tent! I was so so scared, I had no idea what it was. It took ages to build up the courage to get up and peek out to see the bear/monster/boogie man that was outside, only to see a bl00dy fluffy little possum sniffing around the chairs!

I'm also very scared of being in the ocean (not on it). I just feel it's so unpredictable, and if I go in the water higher then my waist/chest, I start to hyperventilate a bit.
    When we renovated our last house, I pulled the old ceiling down only to have two live possums fall out onto the floor and start running laps of the room... They lived in our ceiling for ages while we renovated until we finally finished, closed up all the holes really strongly and now they haven't come back we used to hear them fighting in the ceiling at 4am or something ridiculous. Glad they're gone now
    Last edited by jussi; 06-02-2015 at 23:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moths, slugs and leeches. I will generally hyperventilate if I see a slug or a leeches. My dad had a leech on his foot ages ago and I saw it and was going to leave the house and text him about it but I couldn't get away fast enough so I ran from the room screaming 'YOUHAVEALEECHONYOURFOOT KILL IT KILL IT DONT TALK ABOUT IT I CANT COPE' and fell down on the floor hyperventilating (while dad yelled 'OH MY GOD SOMEONE GET SOME FIRE KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE' So that was awkward.

Also jelly lollies that have an liquid centre. I can't even touch the packets

Any sort of water soluble medicine like panadol or berocca, total gag, can't watch someone drink them either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Every time I see a spider I'm scared it's going to launch itself at my face and bite me on the nose.