+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD crawled at 10.5 months and walked at 16 months - at 9, she's been champion girl in sports since year one and she's bright as a button so I think you're MCHN is talking out of her bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My DD crawled at 10.5 months and walked at 16 months - at 9, she's been champion girl in sports since year one and she's bright as a button so I think you're MCHN is talking out of her bottom.
    I know she is because seriously, how can I get him moving but it doesn't stop my stupid brain from remembering her words every now and then and worrying. DP doesn't help either, he keeps harping on that he needs to get moving. Geez, let the poor kid develop at his own pace!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son crawled at 9 months. Walked at 18months.

Daughter started commando crawling today, she's 8 months old.

Don't let the nurse get to you, I bet if you spoke to another she would say something different. Everyone has their opinions.

Babies develop at there own time.

For helping to crawl, just put something bub likes a bit further awY and see how you go. Don't stress.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd crawled late at 11 months but walked within normal time frame at 13 months. Is almost an adult now and is very bright and very sporty and was most certainly not delayed in anyway by her later crawling.
    Ds1 crawled 6 months and walked at 7 months so both very early. Was delayed in other ways speech/ social and has ASD
    Ds2 crawled 9 moths walked 18 months. So very delayed walking. Was delayed in other areas like speech toileting etc but is now 7 has easily caught up and is at the top of his class.
    Ds3 crawled at 8 months walked at 10/11 months so pretty much bang on average. Again is somewhat delayed in speech social and toileting and is still a bit too young to compare against his peers to see if he is caught up.

I don't think delays in one area impact others, I think they are all just different and generally all end up caught up to same level by school age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    DD started commando crawling at 7 months, proper crawling at 8 months and walking at 14 months. She was cruising though from around 11 months.

I personally hope DS is a late crawler and walker. Once they have their legs there's no stopping them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All 4 of my girls were late crawlers. Crawled between 9-10 months and up walking by 12 months. They have all hit every other milestone on time or earlier.