+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS started crawling around 7 months and was taking his first steps at 10 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have very early crawlers and walkers but my besties daughter didnt crawl until just before her 1st birthday (like a couple of days before) and she didnt walk until about 15 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd was commando crawling at 10 months. Properly crawling just after her 1st birthday and she just started walking confidently at 17months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DS2 was commando crawling at 8 months, crawling properly at 13 months and at 17 months is not yet walking. So yes, he'll be a late walker. Feels like he's still my tiny baby

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ds didn't start crawling until 11 months. He didn't ever commando crawl but went straight to proper crawling. A month later he started climbing stairs, pulling himself up and cruising furniture. I don't think it will be long before he walks.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Interesting. I ask because I have the words of a CHN rattling around my head and we all know what gems they come out with. She told me that I have to get him moving because for every delay, the next developmental milestone will also be delayed. Get him moving?? How am I meant to make him start crawling?
    Urgh. CHNs often have the worst advice. Babies develop at their own pace. I wouldn't worry, your bub is still really young and is obviously working on getting mobile. I find ds picks up new skills in spurts. So one day he is doing nothing then the next he is doing everything!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 didn't crawl till 16 months and didn't walk till 21 months. He is now almost 5 years old and on par with every other kid his age.

DS2 didn't crawl till 12 months and didn't walk till 16 months. He is now 2.5 years old and, again, on par with his peers.

I took DS1 to a pediatric physio and they had no concerns - just said he was a late bloomer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Urgh. CHNs often have the worst advice. Babies develop at their own pace. I wouldn't worry, your bub is still really young and is obviously working on getting mobile. I find ds picks up new skills in spurts. So one day he is doing nothing then the next he is doing everything!
    Yes! He did nothing when he was younger. He was a late roller too. Then in the same week he rolled and sat unaided. He's only just decided he is rolling obsessed in the last few weeks. He just has always seemed to be content to chill. No rush for this kid. Lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD didn't crawl until 11.5 months, walked at 16 months so yes, both were late. She sat at 7/8 months but she didn't roll over until 14 months! Anyway, she is now 21 months and running around, she is developmentally average compared to others her age.
    I don't really see how you can make your DS crawl so I wouldn't worry about
    it!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd was a walker. She skipped the crawling stage and went straight to walking. She started walking around 10 months from memory.