+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Things you found inside your child's (insert body part here)...

So turns out I'd be a pretty good surgeon... (If only I were smart enough to get into med school.)

This is what I pulled out of my 2yo DS nose this morning:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1423114399.713759.jpg

Thanks to daycare for giving him access to small, green beads. πŸ‘

So what foreign objects have you found inside your child & where?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Yikes! How long had it been in there for?!

I've pulled sultanas out of noses, that is adventurous as we have gotten, so far!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    My cousin put our granddads hearing aid in his ear, had to get the doctor to remove it.

My kids haven't put anything anywhere, bit boring really.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

bounty  (05-02-2015),McBecks  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My DS use to shove all kinds of stuff in his ears when younger. It was just anything small enough to fit really. I took him to the doctor once cause I thought he'd put foam that he had ripped up in there but the GP said there was nothing. So I had a good look when at home and managed to retrieve a massive piece of black foam from his ear with pointy long tweezers. I'm not sure how the doctor missed it.
    Another time he had been sick and wasn't getting better, finally got a doctors appointment, GP checked his ears and asked me about DS' s grommets ( DS never had grommets). Turns out he stuffed paper deep down inside his ear and had been there for god knows how long and an infection had formed. The GP couldn't get it out so we had to go to the hospital to have it retrieved. There were many other incidents but I always managed to catch him in the act or see something in his ear and removed with tweezers.
    Luckily he outgrew that faze.

I was a nose stuffer when young though. I remember my father removing frozen peas, sultanas, bits and pieces we used for craft at kindy/preschool, etc from my nose.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (05-02-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Yikes! How long had it been in there for?!

I've pulled sultanas out of noses, that is adventurous as we have gotten, so far!
    I have no idea! Hopefully not too long, it came out with a pick of some tweezers & a sneeze! πŸ˜„

Yikes @meredithgrey I can't even imagine how that would fit in there! πŸ˜΅πŸ‘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Umm my DD decided to snort a tic tac not long ago! Scariest thing everπŸ˜– I tried to pull it out with a tweezer and pushed it in even further. It was when DH said geez stop stressing, block all holes except for where the tic tac is and tell her to blow her noseπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ it shot out so easily. If he wasn't here I probably would've called an ambulance I was that scared on the inside.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds2 was a shocker with putting things up his nose. He used to screw up paper and put it up there. It stopped when he realised the seriousness when he ended up in ED for hours after putting a piece of lego up there. 4 nurses trying tweezers and the sucker made it go further up. Finally blocking 1 nostil and blowing out of the other dislodged it. He hasn't put anything up there since πŸ˜‰

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I didn't turn my earrings and the piercing kinda healed over it and embedded the clip in the ear.....
    Oh!!!!!! (Penny drops)
    Lol! When you said that for some reason my mind went to bulldog clip so I thought you had stuck one of these in your ears!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1423121579.660705.jpg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McBecks For This Useful Post:

mummyrissa  (05-02-2015),tazz475  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by McBecks View Post
    Oh!!!!!! (Penny drops)
    Lol! When you said that for some reason my mind went to bulldog clip so I thought you had stuck one of these in your ears!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Attachment 66623
    I thought bulldog clip too and was thinking wtf how??? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds had blue tax in his ear once. No idea why he thought to put it on there.
    - nice trip to the docs to flush it out.

Then like a week later he snorted a bead.
    - another trip to the docs to remove that one.

Pretty sure work thought I was making up excuses to leave work early cause really who's kid is that silly. ... : /