+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default not enjoying my pregnancy

The past week I've just been feeling so flat about being pregnant. I'm almost nine weeks and the nausea and fatigue is stressing me the Hell out. I'm always queasy and I feel like i need to go back to bed after being awake for two hours. I hate it so much.

And I keep getting these selfish thoughts like, maybe I'm not ready to be a mother. Maybe a baby will interrupt our lives too much. What if I don't like being a parent? What if I feel this sick and tired for the rest of the pregnancy?

I don't understand where it's coming from. When I had a dating scan at six and a half weeks and saw that heartbeat it' was the most wonderful sight, but right now the pregnancy doesn't even feel real, just a hassle.

Has anyone else felt like this? Any tips? I don't think I have depression, maybe just fed up of feeling awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I never had the internal questions with any of mine of whether I wanted to be pg or if I was ready to be a mum. But child 2 and 3 for me has been shocking MS. I'm 32 weeks and still have sick days, I threw up and couldn't get off the lounge until about 18-19 weeks. I cried lots of times to DH during this pg from all the side effects.

Some women just have really really hard pregnancies and it DOES take it's toil emotionally. I think it can be a bit taboo to talk about as there is a perception pg makes you glow and it's this amazing wonderful time. Sometimes it isn't.

All I can tell you is to white knuckle it, the MS will probably get better soon and you may well feel much more positive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

princesspea  (05-02-2015)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely felt like this in the first tri. Your hormones are going into crazy overdrive.

I was thinking like the most selfish b!tch in the world. I've had 3 miscarriages and i'd be trying for 7 months to get this bub yet i was still having these horrible thoughts about just terminating and getting on with my life. Trust me it's just your hormones and they do level out eventually!

Just try and breath through the upsetting thoughts and anxiety.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I had to answer honestly I hate my pregnancy with dd3 and this current one its so hard and I feel like $hit 99% of the time
    I don't believe it's selfish or bad of me doesn't mean I'm not beyond grateful and happy to be having another child but pregnancy is hard work and changes everything about us

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Ladies, you're not alone! I had also had a miscarriage and waited 15 months after it for my BFP. I wanted my baby, I loved my baby but there were times in that first trimester when I was exhausted and nauseated and I thought "I could just terminate this pregnancy and then I'd feel fine". I'm ashamed to admit it but it's true.

I also worried about whether or not I really was ready for motherhood and you know what? I wasn't. No one ever is! It's scary to begin with but you just figure it out as you go along. Slowly you get more confident and less frightened and eventually you even stop taking your baby to the emergency room at the first sign of a cough! 😉
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 05-02-2015 at 14:01.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I could have written that post when I was at the same stage as you. I truly hated being pregnant and I had so many doubts about what kind of parent I would be and how bub would change our lives and our relationship.

For me, I wasn't well. I had high BP (brought on by pregnancy) and GD that made me feel so ill before it was diagnosed and I could adjust my diet.

It does get better! And now that our little boy is here I feel like it was so worth it! Awful at the time though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are great. Thank you so much for responding so quickly. It means a lot to know I'm not alone feeling this way. Everywhere I look it feels like i should just be so grateful that I'm having a baby when yeah in reality you just want to crawl under a rock and make it all go away.

Will try and hang in there and hope like crazy that second trimester is less awful. For those of you still suffering feeling sickly I hope it passes soon.

Thanks again :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to princesspea For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by princesspea View Post
    You guys are great. Thank you so much for responding so quickly. It means a lot to know I'm not alone feeling this way. Everywhere I look it feels like i should just be so grateful that I'm having a baby when yeah in reality you just want to crawl under a rock and make it all go away.

Will try and hang in there and hope like crazy that second trimester is less awful. For those of you still suffering feeling sickly I hope it passes soon.

Thanks again :-)
    I got more energy back around 16 weeks or thereabouts. I distinctly remember hitting the second trimester and being like "what's up with this? I don't feel magically better!". By 28 weeks at Christmas I was feeling like my life was hell again but what a glorious 12 weeks I had in between! 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Oh and MS eased for me at 14 weeks. I remember when I was 10 weeks a friend said hers had eased at 14 weeks and I was like "if this continues another 4 weeks, I'll die!" and it did (I obviously did not die!). Like I said, it was another couple of weeks after MS died down that I felt human again. ☺️