+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I read that laughter helped so went home and watched comedy DVDs. Also had acupuncture. I was super lucky it worked first go. Only had 1 good embryo. Due in 5 weeks☺️

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahf For This Useful Post:

octonaut  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For my first, I watched the entire series of mrbean. ))) and it was a BFP! (Unfortunately a chem preg). I was planning to do the same this time but can't think of a good series. And I actually just watched 3 horrifying episodes of tv show over the weekend. If this round doesn't work, I am going to blame that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did acupuncture, went swimming at the beach and thought 'if this doesn't work I will book a trip to Thailand'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did Zumba! Made me feel great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Almost everything was different in my fifth and successful stim cycle. I did pretty much everything I'd heard could help. I even went for an 8km run the night before transfer to increase blood flow, followed by a big glass of wine to relax. Had acupuncture before and after transfer (I was having it regularly once a week for a few months beforehand too). Took bromelain (sp?) capsules for a few days after transfer. Sat on the couch with my feet up for a couple of days afterwards, only moving to make myself food or go to the loo. I was also a lot more positive than in previous cycles, mostly cause I knew it was our last-ditch effort before we turned to donor eggs, so I was kind of relieved, but then we got our best egg number, fert rate and emby growth ever (not difficult, our other cycles were positively woeful), so I was happy and excited about that too.

On the more scientific side, I was also taking DHEA for three months prior, had the maximum dose of Gonal (600iu) during stims, as well as Saizen injections. We also did our first DET (but fortunately only had a singleton pregnancy).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

octonaut  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am somewhat superstitious. I don't kind of plan it, it just happens. My first stim cycle, if I had gone to transfer, would have meant baby was due the same day as my step sons birthday. We didn't make it to transfer and did a fet 3 months later which was successful, making my daughter due on my birthday.

Next fet in june last year, I started meds on my late father's birthday and transferred on my husbands ex wife's birthday. Bfn. Next stim cycle, transfer date meant baby would have been due on ex wife's birthday! Bfn. This cycle transfer was my nanna's birthday and bfp!

Also, only wear matching bra and knickers during cycles. I don't know why, I just have to! Was also more positive about this cycle as it was the same embryologist that made these embies as the first round that gave us our daughter.

Much more physically fit coming into this cycle, both dh and I. I was running 5km a day til my ovaries decided that was enough. No alcohol or caffeine for a month before stim.

Having said all that I think I just got damn lucky. Twice! AndLet's hope this bfp = a baby

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kizmetzing For This Useful Post:

octonaut  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What worked for me was just relaxing! With my son i took time off work and stayed in bed a few days after the transfer.. They say you don't need bed rest after an embryo transfer but i felt that's what i needed! I just had a second transfer last week and done the same thing so lets hope that pays off too! Good luck!

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf graduates: what helped?

I often think of this same question! It took 4 rounds to get our DS and we are currently on round 3 TTC #2. On DS round We had just gotten back from a holiday, though I wouldn't say I was anymore relaxed, probably more stressed/down as I had just found out so many of my close friends had fallen pregnant.

One thing we did different that round (non medication wise) was I saw a naturopath and was on a herb concoction, probiotics and had mostly eliminated dairy and sugar from my diet. Who knows if it was that or that we had changed to a HRT protocol, put in 2 embryos that round, added clexane, pred etc...

Maybe these things helped, or maybe it was just time. Who knows! But if there are some easy changes to make it definitely can't hurt!

Edit to add: my husband swears it worked that time as we dtd the night before transfer! My clinic has a no unprotected sex during cycling rule, so we don't usually - but maybe it did help??
    Last edited by Kellbell85; 06-02-2015 at 10:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Donor egg for me 😀

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came to terms that it was to be my last transfer. I discussed with my husband that we could live happily together and without children. I think saying that out loud really helped. It relaxed me, it took the pressure off me. I didn't test early, I drank the odd glass of wine. I stopped stressing and believed that if it was going to happen it would and there was absolutely nothing anyone could do to change that. I guess I came to peace with the fact that life would go on if I was unsuccessful. Hope that helps

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bluemarlin For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-02-2015)