+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetrician recommendations at Mater Private or Wesley

Hi Ladies,
    5w with first bub, I'm considering a few Obs and would love feedback.
    Michaela Lee - Wesley
    David Moore, Robyn Aldridge or Ben Kroon at Eve Health - Mater

I'm looking for active birth, low intervention and to be allowed to go overdue without induction if safe to do so. I know about birth centre, but I'm keen for private room/ longer hospital stay and support with first baby.

I'd love to know your experiences, especially : how long did the Ob spend with you at each appointment? Were they generous and kind with info and time or rushed? Supportive of natural birth? Made you feel safe, supported and listened to? Not pushy of epidurals? Worked well with midwives etc.
    Has anyone taken part in the Mater water birth trial? It sounds great.
    many thanks lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't help you with specifics, but you're definitely on the right track with doctors. My only advice would be that if you think you want to take part in maters water birth trial, rethink your choice to go private. Water birth is seen as a midwife thing and it's unlikely that you'll find many OBs who will do them. I would definitely use that in my criteria when screening your doctors if your heart was set of a water birth. Your best bet for water birth at mater would be either straight public or midwifery group practice. In saying that if there are no risk factors in the pregnancy (or in general) then most ob's will happily let you labour in the bath, as long as you get out for the actual birth.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

LolaJude  (07-02-2015)