+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Type 1 Diabetes

That NDSS e-book is a great help!! Thank you. I will look into my insurance further for CGM, thats great that your daughter is able to use $500 every two years, towards glucose monitoring. Shame that cgm is still so expensive.

Looking forward to Monday, now I know what questions I want to ask him. Im looking at Norwest Private in Bella Vista (Sydney), if anyone had any experience with that hospital.

I will be back to let you know how Monday goes 🍀🍀🍀

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinky407 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Congrats on your pregnancy
    A friend of mine went private and she was on a pump. She ended up having a c/s for other reasons but I have heard they will induce early if you have type 1. If they have the facilities to care for bub (obviously he/she will need regular monitoring after birth to) I can't see why you couldn't go private.

I know you mentioned about private health funds covering CGM's my daughter is also a type 1 and our health fund covers $500 every 2 years for her CGM. It's covered under glucose monitors.
    What insurance are you threw if you don't mind me asking? I'm shopping around ATM :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmakes3 View Post
    What insurance are you threw if you don't mind me asking? I'm shopping around ATM :/
    Sorry only just seen this.
    I'm with Defence Health. Have been great with all things to do with diabetes. Even been getting a pump every 2 years for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1423468187.286517.jpg The Dr appt went perfectly. I measured at 9w0d and from my LMP i am 9w4d. But he was happy with everything. And a heartbeat at 176bpm. Meanwhile blood sugars have been a little all over the shop, but its hard when the thought of most low GI carbs still make me nauseous so I am sticking to white bread with peanut butter or yogurt and an apple for most meals. Trying to get in some
    veggies and so far have managed a minestrone and few other soups. Fingers crossed the nausea soon passes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Obstetrician also saw no reason why not to go with the private hospital, the special care nursery takes premies up to 33 weeks. I will be induced early at 38 weeks and he also mentioned a 50% chance of CS but will play it by ear and get into more detail closer to August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky407 View Post
    Obstetrician also saw no reason why not to go with the private hospital, the special care nursery takes premies up to 33 weeks. I will be induced early at 38 weeks and he also mentioned a 50% chance of CS but will play it by ear and get into more detail closer to August.
    That's fab! Good news all round hopefully your feeling better soon!!