+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Trolley that they can push around (with or without blocks etc). DS got one for his birthday and still loves it 6 months later. Ikea has a sturdy one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wooden train sets are pretty cool and will last her a few years. Again, kmart have the cheaper ones. My DD is 21 months and loves hers. It is what allowed me to finish cleaning the house today despite the fact that she was tired. Wooden blocks are also good and easier to build with at age 1 (my DD is only now starting to get the hang of the duplo). Anything sensory if going to be a hit as well so kinetic sand (under supervision to avoid her eating it all) or maybe build her a sensory kit, a tub full of jars of gumnuts, rice, sand, shells, sequins and beads etc as well as a new kitty litter tray, some ice tongs and tweezers, and the ingredients for playdough and goop (cornflour and water). Can add things like measuring cups & spoons as well. Its amazing how much fun a baby can have with a tray full of bird grit (clean of course).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big brother has trains she steals hence the duplo thomas set (that son now steals haha)

I love the sensory tub idea! think I might be stalking pinterest for some ideas!

She has a dolly pram but isn't walking yet (birthday is a month or soaway) so will see.

As for tea set - wooden, plastic, tin or material best?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing. DD will be 1 in about 4 months time. We also are tight on space, as well as on a tight budget; living in a small 2 bedroom unit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've bought all 4 of my children books for their first birthdays and left toys to the small group of friends we have. I take ages perusing book shops and book sections in department stores and write little notes in the front covers for them. I also prefer to spend on a little party/BBQ for our small group of friends and family to say thank you for being part of our children's lives. I believe that the photos and memories will last a life time when the toys don't. I cherish all the photos I have of the kids with their birthday cakes.
    My children aren't huge toy fans though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

MissEm  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with the trolley or doll stroller - anything that can be pushed around & things put in/taken out.

For the first birthdays of all of the babies in my mother's group, they got a hooded beach towel & swimming bag from us. Something useful that wasn't toys or books

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post
    As for tea set - wooden, plastic, tin or material best?
    We love our tin tea set! I got some soft fabric cakes from ikea to go with it too

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1422946393.731058.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awe she is adorable @TaylorMade where did you get the Tin set? (Am in Tassie so no Ikea her boo )

Anticipating a bit from family and friends so not too worried about not getting her much. But maybe a special book we can write in...

Any suggestions?

We already have pooh bear, beautrix potter and thomas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Snugglepot & Cuddlepie.

Blinky Bill.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Possum Magic.
    Last edited by Catzilla; 03-02-2015 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post
    Awe she is adorable @TaylorMade where did you get the Tin set? (Am in Tassie so no Ikea her boo )

Anticipating a bit from family and friends so not too worried about not getting her much. But maybe a special book we can write in...

Any suggestions?

We already have pooh bear, beautrix potter and thomas.
    The tin tea set came from Big W, the brand is called Tinkers I think.

DD has every book you can think of because I had a 'build-a-library' baby shower where everyone brought a book as a present. Her current faves are the touchy-feely & lift the flap books (That's Not My Puppy & Dear Zoo).. I bought her the Jolly Christmas Postman, because that was one of my favourite books as a child & I hope she will keep it forever

A book that you loved when you were young would be a nice first birthday keepsake for her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

MissEm  (06-02-2015)