+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie81 View Post
    Also, forgot to add that yes she was sleeping better than this. When I first introduced the dreamfeed (at around 9 weeks), she was sleeping from 7pm - 3am with no wake ups. I thought we'd made it haha
    My boy was only waking once per night by around 3 months. Then at 3.5 months we were hit pretty hard with the "4 month sleep regression"/"4th wonder week" and that switched to waking hourly. And being miserable all day. Ugh it was terrible! So in my experience of 1 baby, I'd say it's pretty normal
    Everything settled down by around 5 months though without us really doing anything special to try and fix it. But of course if you want to implement more of a routine now then I'm sure it won't hurt.

With feeding, I just figure if it's been at least 4-5 hours since the last feed then bub is probably hungry. I know I get thirsty at night so I don't expect DS to go all night without a drink.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Gracie81  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Basically try and resettle first by using a shush/pat technique (try and just shush/pat until bub is drowsy - stop before the eyes close so you are not creating another sleep aid). You may have to try a few times. If bub won't resettle then bub is probably hungry so feed.

One thing that helps is learning the difference between an emotional cry (which you always attend) and a protest cry (which you can leave for short periods). The book has some guidance. There is an online closed Facebook group for SOS supporters and it has useful hints on protest v emotional crying. If in doubt, assume a cry is emotional and attend to bub.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Gracie81  (04-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Realised a few other things I've changed recently - got rid of her white noise; she seemed to be sleeping well without it. Is this a 'bad' sleep association?

@LittleBug'sMum Yes the formula for dreamfeed is also new - long story - but I'll change this back to breastmilk.

I'm going to ride this week out and then get rid of the dummy next week while hubby's home and can help out.

@VicPark how do I find that Facebook group? Do I need to be invited?

Big thanks for your responses everyone 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie81 View Post
    Realised a few other things I've changed recently - got rid of her white noise; she seemed to be sleeping well without it. Is this a 'bad' sleep association?

@LittleBug'sMum Yes the formula for dreamfeed is also new - long story - but I'll change this back to breastmilk.

I'm going to ride this week out and then get rid of the dummy next week while hubby's home and can help out.

@VicPark how do I find that Facebook group? Do I need to be invited?

Big thanks for your responses everyone 👍
    I had thought maybe the formula was upsetting her tummy. You could always do a bottle of ebm if you wanted someone else to feed her while you sleep- but it is probably a lot of pumping throughout the day to get a bottle.
    Sounds like a good plan for getting rid of dummy. I still use one on occasion with my DS2, but doesn't seem to be a sleep association for him- he sucks a few times, settles and spits if out.
    Not sure about the white noise if that is a good or bad sleep association. I guess it would be okay if it were on all night, but if you're turning it off once she's asleep maybe she wants it back when she wakes in the night?
    ETA- I've never used white noise and live in quite a noisy house, traffic, house being built across the road, dog next door that barks, noisy siblings- I think they just get used to it, or I might just have been lucky that my kids don't seem to be bothered by noise!
    Last edited by LittleBug'sMum; 04-02-2015 at 11:05.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Gracie81  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to update this thread and say thanks to everyone for he comments and suggestions.

So after 8 days of pretty bad sleep we have now had two nights of back to normal! I didn't end up ditching the dummy, I was worried I wouldn't be able to stick with it and didn't want to confuse bubs. The day after I last posted she started rolling from her back to her belly and loved doing it in the cot! I bought those wedges and she is good in there now, although if she's really determined she somehow wiggles to the top of the cot so then she can roll.

Our daytime routine is not quite SOS, but is more structured now and her daytime sleeps are pretty good - she'll normally do 2x45m and 1 bigger sleep of 2+ hrs.

Anyway, fingers crossed the improvement lasts until the next challenge Last night she woke at 4am for a feed and then down until 7am.

Cheers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie81 For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (10-02-2015)