+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 days of yuck... pregnant or what? TMI warning

So my cycles are random, can be 34 to 70 days. I think I ovulated a week ago as I had very watery cervical mucus. 6 days later I had brown blood come out. It was enough to need to wipe off every hour or two. It quickly became bright red for 6 hours and then back to brown. The next day it was darker with strings in it... today it is a little lighter and is light brown to clear. Very stretchy and stringy now. I have had period like cramps too, but I shouldn't be due for period If I ovulated 6 days before. Anyone have a clue as to what this is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tr1na, I've never had any form of implantation bleeding but every body is different and it isn't unheard of. Have you tried testing? Failing that, have you had mid cycle spotting before?

I'm sorry if I sabotage this post but I found one of your old posts on having lochia alba for four months pp. Did you ever figure out what it was? Did it eventually stop? I am experiencing the exact same thing and don't know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually get spotting for 2 days before a heavy period. But it's been a few days since the brown gunk and nothing. I am also feeling a bit sick in the tummy and have a slight temp increase. I decided to test Thursday Morning.
    With the lochia, it lasted around 7 months. It gradually vanished. It smelt like vinegar, and I remember the doc gave me a cream which smelt the same.it did nothing. It basically wasn't an acid issue. I was missing something though... i didn't have natural mucus so I think that's why it took so long. My sister took a year to finish hers. I think it's just normal for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seven months, wow! I'm sorry it took so long to go away but glad it finally did. Our bodies can do really weird stuff postpartum.

With a sicky tummy and slight temp I would suggest seeing your doctor. Sounds like you may have an infection (especially since you said the blood was stringy). Couldn't hurt to get checked just to be safe.

And thank you for answering my question!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I could have helped you more. My doc was clueless.
    I just had a clump of normal looking cervical mucus... so gross. It was stretchy but nothing I haven't seen before.my.body is messed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just happy to find someone who went through something similar.

i guess just monitor yourself for the time being. Hormones can do some funky things!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Parisjetadore For This Useful Post:

tr1na  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I got th BFP this morning, but Ill see the doctor next week to make sure all is ok.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tr1na For This Useful Post:

DT75  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! Congrats!! Getting a check up sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Parisjetadore For This Useful Post:

tr1na  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good. Due 17th October

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was born on the 23rd of October-it's a good month! Have a happy and healthy pregnancy