+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Labelling shoes?

How do you label shoes? I just noticed when I was dropping DS1 at school this morning that about half the kids in his class have the same shoes as him! Clarks joggers are popular at our school it seems. I think I had shoe dots once that I ordered from one of those label companies, but they fell off very quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ordered some clear vinyl labels off ebay and just made a regular sticky label to go underneath it with DS's name on it.

Can't really say how effective they are as they haven't been used for very long, but so far so good.

There's lots of companies who print shoe labels/dots, but I took the cheaper way out because I wanted to save money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Use nikko pen to write on the shoes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Most companies that do name labels do shoe specific ones. I guess if they are decent quality they wont fade like permanent marker will. Might be worth it if most kids have the same shoes?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We got ones with his name on them and then a clear sticker goes over the too of the vinyl one. Still stuck on after 18 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Masking tape and permanent marker works fab. Write the name on the tape then stick it inside the shoe. We did this at child care and it worked a treat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used a laundry marker and wrote our last name on the inner sole. I think you can get white markers too if the inner sole is black

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy multi packs of labels (all shapes and sizes including iron on labels for clothes and labels for shoes) from Identity Direct for each of the boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    We got ones with his name on them and then a clear sticker goes over the too of the vinyl one. Still stuck on after 18 months.
    The ones from Identity Direct are like this, they lasted ages and I actually had trouble removing them to replace the labels with ds2's labels once ds1 had outgrown the shoes.