+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. For the amount of times when I've put DD in bed & wished it were possible to just hop in the car & hit the Maccas drive thru down the road while she was asleep or something, I would never in a million years actually consider doing it, nor would I have expected that anyone else would ever do it either! I'm a bit gobsmacked, and I'd probably go off my nut if I found out someone I knew had done it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (02-02-2015)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know someone who used to do this regularly. She had no family here apart from her partner and an elderly friend they shared an apartment with. She used to go for a run when her <1yo had her morning nap. She said it was the only time she could do it, she just had to get her exercise, and they lived in a secure building. Bub wasn't able to get out of her cot. She did it daily. This was prob 10 years ago, long before i had anything to do with babies, but i was totally shocked.

Same person + partner drove from Sydney to Melbourne return in a mini-van with the baby in a car seat In the back of the van. No Anchor points, they had suspended the seat on ropes stretched left to right 0.0 "Oh we won't crash" they said! !!

I actually really liked them both until i saw these two things. Couldn't believe it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I won't lie, there's been times when DS has just gone down for a nap and I've thought "gee, it would be convenient if I could just nip down the shops right now" but I would never do it even if I only lived four minutes away! What if he woke and started crying just as I left the house? That's eight minutes of crying with no one responding to him not even accounting for any time I spend actually at the shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no way. What if something happens to the mum (eg run over by a car), how long with the 1yo would be left on her own in the cot?

what if a fire that's off in the house or the neighborhood, how long does it take before her LO is hurt?

I would never take the risk, but I know friends of friend that do...

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I dread taking my kids to the shops they are monster :-( but no way would I ever ever ever leave them at home by themselves I felt weird leaving dd1 (8) and dd2 (6) with there 16y old brother for 20 mins to get milk and bread :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way in this world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way! Never! Of course I've wished I could at times, but I would never ever do it.

My dad left my brother (3yo) & myself (1yo) alone one day to go to the dump (easily gone for 30mins)....he left us playing IN THE BATH!!!

Mum only found out because my grandad called while he was gone and my brother told him. WTH!?!?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No way.
    Have thought "wouldn't it be good if..." But never done it.
    As others have said, it's not just about what might happen to bub but what might happen to mum when she's out of the house.
    Something could happen and no one would know about bub home alone.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Leaving sleeping baby at home..alone?!

Well now I feel like cr@p :-(

Sometimes I have no choice but to nip out when DS is asleep like to put the bin out (it would be very unsafe to take him with me), duck to the mailbox (ditto), or once I had to wait by the road for 10 minutes for someone to drop off something important at 9.30pm. I mean I was 100m away but I have done it a handful of times. I don't have any other option sometimes.

I'd draw the line at leaving my estate though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    Well now I feel like cr@p :-(

Sometimes I have no choice but to nip out when DS is asleep like to put the bin out (it would be very unsafe to take him with me), duck to the mailbox (ditto), or once I had to wait by the road for 10 minutes for someone to drop off something important at 9.30pm. I mean I was 100m away but I have done it a handful of times. I don't have any other option sometimes.

I'd draw the line at leaving my estate though.
    We all know you are an amazing mum and would never put your little boy in any danger at all!!! so don't feel like cr@p! You do your best

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (02-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (02-02-2015),LoveLivesHere  (02-02-2015)