+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    There was times I felt like I could have done this a few years ago but no I couldn't ever bring myself to actually do it. I'd feel terribly guilty and the 'what if's' would be too much to tolerate. Just no!

Maybe she has a valid reason, or isn't coping but still, not the best thing to do. Even getting a neighbour to watch the little one for a few minutes might be ok... I don't think I'd ask my neighbours. But she must have been really needy to do it. Hope her baby is ok and her too..
    That's a really good point about the neighbour. My SIL used to run the baby monitor next door to the neighbour while she quickly did the kindy pick up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to know someone who left two kids home asleep during the night to drive their partner to work which was a 20 min drive each way. I said what if you had an accident, the car breaks down, the kids wake up from a nightmare. I honestly don't think they thought about the 'what ifs'....but they don't do it anymore (that I know of anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just sent her a text, to see if she's okay & whether she realises she could get in a lot of trouble for doing what she did..

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mezzo For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-02-2015),CazHazKidz  (02-02-2015),Chippa  (02-02-2015),EverydayDreamer  (02-02-2015),HearMeRoar  (02-02-2015),HeavenBlue  (02-02-2015),JR03  (02-02-2015),LaDiDah  (02-02-2015),VicPark  (02-02-2015),Wise Enough  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Holy moly, no way in the world!! Plenty of reasons why have already been mentioned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hell. No.

There are so many what ifs. What if the child woke alone? What if there was a fire or emergency? What if the mum got into an accident?

So irresponsible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people confuse me!!! How could you walk out the door and not think of the "what ifs"?

As an aside, when I only had one child (he was 2), my DH had a night out and had trouble getting a cab to pick him up (out of town). I knew it was way too far to walk so considered my options. Leave DS or wake him up and get DH? I took the second option. It was 2am and the middle of winter so absolutely freezing (regularly below 0 overnight where I live). I dragged him out of bed, rugged him up and threw him in the car. Sure I could have taken the easy option but just not worth the risk for me.

That mum needs a serious reality check I think.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzo View Post
    I just sent her a text, to see if she's okay & whether she realises she could get in a lot of trouble for doing what she did..
    Has she got back to you?

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    hell no

I certainly admit I had the "I wish" moments ... when you think "oh I wish I could leave her home and not wake her up to go *wherever*" ... but its definitely not something I would ever actually do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Never EVER. I don't even hang washing out without the baby monitor.

I would be worried that someone might break in or the house burn down, or that I'd be involved in an accident and no one would know that she's home alone.
    This exactly, I take the monitor any time I'm outside of the house and have most certainly never left the property! I also think its illegal and probably would constitute neglect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, no. I can see the temptation, but I'd never do it.
    I'm not really concerned about the child wakes up/house burns down/someone breaks in scenarios.... as they're either extremely unlikely, or my daughter wouldn't be distressed for long before I was back anyway. I'd be concerned about what if something happened to me? If I couldn't get back and noone else knew she was there. *shudders*