+ Reply to Thread

Default paternity testing

My baby's father has decided that to be sure in his kind he would like a paternity test as he wasn't meant to be able to have kids.

I've read that there are non invasive prenatal paternity tests available. But they seem to be $1500.

Does anyone know if these are subsidised by healthcare cards? Or if there are other optiins to have prenatal paternity determined?

I am going to be a single mum as the father is head overseas for persknal reasons and though we are very close he and I are not together. So I don't have that cash and neither does he.

I know the baby can only be his - he was the only guy i was with when i fell pregnant. And I think he knows it too but given he and 2 exs tried for years and nothing happened hes reluctant to believe that this baby can possilby be his.

Help and advice would be appreciated.

Are there any tests that are subsidised by medicare and or private health or healthcare card?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DNAQ is a company in Brisbane that send you out the test. A legally admissible one to stand up in court is $595. A peace of mind test is $350.

I think if you went the cheaper one he would know there's no point challenging it in court.