+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 Kids....??

Hi all, I know this question has been asked before so please bear with me! 😊 My DH and I have been talking about possibly having a 3rd baby. We already have a 5.5yr and 2.5yr old.

Most of the threads here have said that the jump from 2 to 3 has been really hard for the majority. My question is this: for those of you that found this jump the hardest, would a bigger age gap have made it easier to deal with or not really?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. My 2 ds's are the same ages as yours and I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant with #3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    If your youngest is over 2 it is going to easier than if they were all 12mths apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @laray we are about to have #3. We have a 7yo and a 2yo. I love the 5yr gap, not sure how we will go with 2 years in between though! Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 year old twins and bub's is due in June, not concerned at all. We purposely held out until this age bracket to ensure DD and DS were both 100% toilet trained, fairly self sufficient and would be able to understand that bubs will need my attention a lot more than what they would be used to.

I think a jump from 1-2 would be harder than 2-3 as you're already use to the juggle and balance act go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have a 2yr gap between DS1 & DS2 and a 3yr gap between DS2 & DS3.

Personally I found the gap easier the second time around, but I think thats mostly because DS2 has special needs so he was easier to cope with by 3yrs old.

I have found going from 2-3 heaps easier than I found 1 to 2. But again, my DS2 has special needs so has been a huge handful since day 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 2 year 4 month age gap between DD1 and DD2 and a 2 year 1 month age gap between DD2 and DD3.

I found going from 1 to 2 was very difficult and a huge shock to the system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for all your answers and sorry for the late reply! We've decided that the thought of a 3rd isn't something that seems to be going away so we're just going to try and see what happens. If it's meant to be.... Thank you all again 😊

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laray For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (04-04-2015),Starfish30  (04-04-2015)