+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/bayside/young-mum-a-miss-galaxy-australia-finalist/story-fngnvli9-1226570943679

She wasn't too bothered about being a single mum a year ago.....

"Being a single mother has given me so much confidence and I'm definitely surprised myself and how much I can achieve".

Just googling her name shows you how much of a publicity stunt this is......
    Haha good researching MeredithGray! This certainly adds another perspective to her story...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    So she got into uni to study vet - so would have had to study biology etc - but had no idea she could be pregnant? I don't buy it.
    Biology isn't a pre-req for vet science.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being young i think its plausible that she honestly didnt think she was pregnant. You never know, she could have been on the pill the whole time? Its a stretch but you never know.

The fact she wants to sue the medical for not diagnosing it is pretty scummy...but i do know that kind of thing has happened before.

Before starting training at my work they preg test all females (or so they say) but somehow a girl got through and completed the training preg. When she found out, because of the dangers posed in that environment to the baby she was paid out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't believe, that after "multiple visits to the clinic" with fatigue among other symptoms that drs didn't at least suggest she could be pg. Lay people know extreme tiredness can be connected to pg let alone a dr. They would have suggested it, and for whatever reason she would have said no and they moved on to other possible diagnoses. I think medical negligence is very serious and med pros certainly are not devoid of mistakes and therefore scrutiny. But these sort of stories just create defensive medicine.

When I first read the story I thought she was maybe a stupid girl that was misguided. Now I actually think she is a con woman

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

misho  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did think if she didn't find out until 30 weeks, perhaps she was 20 weeks seeing the dr initially for fatigue and if she hadn't been sexually active since she got pregnant maybe she did dismiss the question thinking there wasn't way. But like everyone else I find it hard to believe that it wasn't at least considered. When I read the article this morning I was pretty shocked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sex makes babies? Huh!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this court case is more about not having enough time to prepare for her babies arrival ie get school/work/housing organised let alone emotionally deal with becoming a parent? She is a young mum with ambitions for herself and child, I think she is trying to make it all happen but financially is unable. I know if you DTD to need to prepare for the consequences but is 10 weeks honestly enough time?? It wouldn't be for me, and I had a partner!! Let alone a single mum!
    As for the clinic, my GP checks if I am preggers when ever I need a blood test even if I say there would be no chance!!
    My opinion, she is trying to do the best with what she can I believe the clinic does have some questions to answer and I wish her and her daughter well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is bollocks. She is living in her own body and if she couldn't even tell then can she really expect to sue a GP clinic for not working it out? My GP wont go a preg test if I tell them that I'm sure I'm not pregnant. They have to justify the cost of every test they do so they don't usually just test for random stuff. And she waits till her child is 3 to sue when previously she was stating how much her life has changed for the better. I just cant buy it as legit. 3 years should be enough time to work her stuff out without dragging her GP clinic through a legal battle. And where is she getting the money to pay for that seeing as single motherhood is such a struggle? Spend the legal fees on your child and your life instead and make it better that way. This is why so much 'just in case' medicine exists which can sometimes do more harm than good. Its just another way to blame others for things in your life you struggle with, just sue them!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

delirium  (01-02-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If it was non consensual sex I doubt she would be plastering her face all over the media.
    Why couldn't she? It would not be her shame or guilt if it was non consensual.

Regardless, I think the whole thing is bogus.

And, poor little girl, having her existence reduced to *pain and suffering*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Legally there isn't a lot she can sue for as they are both healthy. She is unhappy the clinic didn't do their job (in her eyes) and wants compensation for not having time to prepare for the baby. I guess she might have organised things differently if she had known earlier, maybe tried to complete more subjects, told her mum not to move overseas etc (making stuff up here). But she can't sue for that, she can only sue for the cost of raising the child.

Maybe she figured compensation could help her DD get a great start to life, and planned on explaining to her she loves her very much but the only way she could get any money for it was to Sue for the cosy of raising her and basically suggesting she would have aborted.

It probably took 3 years as anything legal takes a loooooong time. Maybe 6 months after the baby she contacted lawyers, then they write back and forth for at least a year. It's probably only public now as a settlement wasn't reached.

However I do agree with most previous posters, she did the deed, now she has to wear the consequences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast