+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They will do internal ultrasounds to check your ovaries. You grow follicles on them which can be seen. And yes there is usually blood tests at the first appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anne will explain it all, but it goes basically:
    Start Clomid Day 3, continue to Day 8.
    Internal ultrasound around Day 8-10 depending on cycle length. If your follicles aren't yet big enough on this scan, you will come back in 2-3 days for a repeat.
    When follicles judged to be big enough, you will pick up a trigger shot from the clinic. Take the trigger that evening, and the IUI is performed approx 38-40 hours later. So if you trigger at 8pm on a Tuesday, IUI will be about 9 am on the Thursday (times are just from memory, so it might be a little bit out).
    The clinic and Anne will tell you all this again, and the clinic writes it all down for you when you collect the trigger.
    Good luck for the IUI, you will be in the 2 week wait before you know it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow. Thank you so much for that info. It makes sense now. Geez you don't have much notice do you? I can't just nip out of work or anything. I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts so timing might be really tricky, i didn't realise it all happened so quickly. Hopefully I'll have a good idea of my cycle and will be able to roster a few days off work around that time. We can generally roster about a month in advance and I can usually score 4-5 days off in a row if I'm lucky. This is all so exciting. I can't wait to come back on here and update my BFP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    Anne will explain it all, but it goes basically:
    Start Clomid Day 3, continue to Day 8.
    Internal ultrasound around Day 8-10 depending on cycle length. If your follicles aren't yet big enough on this scan, you will come back in 2-3 days for a repeat.
    When follicles judged to be big enough, you will pick up a trigger shot from the clinic. Take the trigger that evening, and the IUI is performed approx 38-40 hours later. So if you trigger at 8pm on a Tuesday, IUI will be about 9 am on the Thursday (times are just from memory, so it might be a little bit out).
    The clinic and Anne will tell you all this again, and the clinic writes it all down for you when you collect the trigger.
    Good luck for the IUI, you will be in the 2 week wait before you know it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can get a bit tricky. I travel for work a fair bit, so had to work around that- Ive had scans interstate, taken trigger shots on planes, lots of fun. Its surprising looking back that I managed to do 3 IUIs and 2 IVF rounds without work figuring out something was up. I took a month off between a few IUI cycles, between IUI and IVF, and between the IVF cycles to reduce stress. In the end I think thats what made the difference- stress reduction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy and Stacey View Post
    Oh wow. Thank you so much for that info. It makes sense now. Geez you don't have much notice do you? I can't just nip out of work or anything. I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts so timing might be really tricky, i didn't realise it all happened so quickly. Hopefully I'll have a good idea of my cycle and will be able to roster a few days off work around that time. We can generally roster about a month in advance and I can usually score 4-5 days off in a row if I'm lucky. This is all so exciting. I can't wait to come back on here and update my BFP!!!
    Honestly you will never ever be able to time this right unless you can take about two weeks off. It is never when you expect it to be, sometimes it's quicker sometimes it's slower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we had our consult with Anne yesterday. Bloods done. Ultrasound done. I had a heap of follicles so it doesn't look like I have any issues in that department. If we are lucky enough to find a suitable donor our first IUI will be at the end of March! I know the odds are against us but I can't help getting my hopes up for a BFP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cost for ID at City Fertility Melb?

Hey guys

Interested to hear differences in cost Melb IVF Vs City Fertility.

What is the cost for IUI cycle with donor sperm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1926 View Post
    Hey guys

Interested to hear differences in cost Melb IVF Vs City Fertility.

What is the cost for IUI cycle with donor sperm?
    From memory last year Melb IVF were around $1800 for the donor management fee (which was only a once off fee I think) + $2400 for each IUI cycle according to our treatment
    Plan.

There was the starting fee as well which I can't remember how much but I want to say around $500...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chekry For This Useful Post:

Amy1926  (13-05-2016)